Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
Anyone with a BS have the front part of the roof between the windshield and moonroof separating from the vehicle? My passenger side is warped and is peeling away from the molding and adhesive. Is like a good 12” of it is coming off. I’d be screwed if was winter here. Literally just left the shop for bad speakers. Seems weekly there’s another build quality issue.
Thing is built like a gingerbread house made by a three year old, nothing lines up.
Ford Bronco Sport Roof separating AE23C004-93DE-4B9C-A972-1746B363F96D
Ford Bronco Sport Roof separating 719BA6F9-397F-4E2F-89E8-20F29B42AAD8
Ford Bronco Sport Roof separating 4360DB24-836F-4B2B-9329-80A44F15F543
Ford Bronco Sport Roof separating 8DA1ECA8-9400-45FE-899A-D48617DCD1B2
Sponsored

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Certainly does not look good.

Can you tell what that particular part of the roof is made from? I’m wondering if it’s some sort of plastic that uses clips.

I would assume that models without the moonroof use one large sheet of aluminum or steel that is welded to the frame?

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This makes me a little worried about the quality of my Badlands… whenever I get it.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
Certainly does not look good.

Can you tell what that particular part of the roof is made from? I’m wondering if it’s some sort of plastic that uses clips.

I would assume that models without the moonroof use one large sheet of aluminum or steel that is welded to the frame?
It’s a metal piece and it’s warped. There’s no clips in that spot that I can see. Is just adhesive. Looks like it’s twisted. You can push on the spot that’s up, but even with a lot of force it won’t go back to a neutral position. Is actually pulling away from the molding and separating.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s a metal piece and it’s warped. There’s no clips in that spot that I can see. Is just adhesive. Looks like it’s twisted. You can push on the spot that’s up, but even with a lot of force it won’t go back to a neutral position. Is actually pulling away from the molding and separating.
I see.

I can accept minor issues because nothing is perfect, especially when dealing with mass production. However, this is the kind of thing I consider to be unacceptable. It should not happen.

Ford has enough experience building cars to know better.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
This makes me a little worried about the quality of my Badlands… whenever I get it.
I hear ya. I have 2900 miles and mine shipped with blown speakers, Ill fitting panels front to rear and now roof. Chipped paint. Rattle in the roof, moonroof. (Fixed). Now have rattle in the drivers dash area that’s constant.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
This was my biggest 'worry' going from MY21 -> MY22, that all the supply chain and labor problems would result in a pile of crap, or as OP said, "A gingerbread house made by a three year old." Inflation has eroded the quality of nearly everything else I buy too.

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am fairly certain the roof piece in question is made of plastic. My BS has a moonroof and while detailing the first time I also noticed that you can push on either side of the panel in question and it most certainly will move when pushed on.....mine does not have the gap though. It is probably made to expand and contract and by no means affects weather tightness.

As for build quality, my BS has been perfect. Way better built than my previous 2019 Honda Accord and 2021 Acura TLX. Panel fitment is spot on, paint has no orange peel....Overall the BS seems very sturdy to me ect.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
My Badlands is solid.

To those with issues… that sucks. Hopefully the manufacture can make it right

to those waiting. Don’t be discouraged

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Anyone with a BS have the front part of the roof between the windshield and moonroof separating from the vehicle? My passenger side is warped and is peeling away from the molding and adhesive. Is like a good 12” of it is coming off. I’d be screwed if was winter here. Literally just left the shop for bad speakers. Seems weekly there’s another build quality issue.
Thing is built like a gingerbread house made by a three year old, nothing lines up.
Ford Bronco Sport Roof separating AE23C004-93DE-4B9C-A972-1746B363F96D
Ford Bronco Sport Roof separating 719BA6F9-397F-4E2F-89E8-20F29B42AAD8
Ford Bronco Sport Roof separating 4360DB24-836F-4B2B-9329-80A44F15F543
Ford Bronco Sport Roof separating 8DA1ECA8-9400-45FE-899A-D48617DCD1B2
Wow, that's horrible. I'll keep an eye out for that on my vehicle too. Sorry you've had so many problems. There are Lemon Laws that you can take advantage of depending on what state you're in to get your money back on a car with more than X amount of problems. If you're having a ton of problems including the roof coming off, it's not going to get any better. I had issues right away with my 2011 wrx when I bought it new. I stuck with it and the problems never seemed to end. Use your best judgement, but if you're already in with this many problems, I think it's time to look into legal action to protect yourself financially. No one will buy a used BS with a roof that's peeling off.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
They can’t lemon a vehicle unless it’s dangerous to operate and at least 3 fix attempts. I’ve had it 3 months. Traded from a new Acura RDX that was in the shop constantly for issues. So this new vehicle and kinda same story. It drives great though, just the external and internal panels don’t fit right. It’s like the vehicle settled after was built lol

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
M1PZ-7851916-AC Is what was ordered. Sucks has to be painted and installed after ripping roof apart. Haven’t seen this happen on any others on the forums or heard about it from dealer techs. Wondering what all it entails to replace. And checking if anyone has had this happen at all.

AV99GT

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
May just happen again. If it is plastic, I would wait to see if they modify the part. if there are enough replacements to make them change the part design, some reinforcing ribs etc. If you replace it maybe have some tint film placed on top of it to help keep the UV from baking it.

Ford Bronco Sport Roof separating 1659023194168
Sponsored