First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Thanks. After checking this morning, the recall has been cleared from both ETIS and NHTSA. Wondering if the delivery date was pushed back because of the brake pad recall that was announced.

I’ll try to pry more info out of my dealer later but I’m not holding my breath.
Sounds like they are working on yours. If you have brake recall it should show up on ETIS. Try to be diplomatic to dealer I know its hard to do it is so frustrating waiting and dealing with ongoing delays.
Sponsored

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
OK. Dumb question I know. Exactly what is the FDM module?
Fuel Distribution Module - it's the fuel pump that goes inside the fuel tank. Ford received a defective batch from their supplier where the line inside the pump had a narrower than spec wall thickness and could leak fuel back into the tank causing loss of fuel pressure and engine stalling.

Swtcaro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Edge
Just picked mine up yesterday and immediately started a 800 mile trip in it. Can’t be any happier. Ordered 3/30, build start 6/0, on train 10/25, offloaded 11/16, on truck and to dealer 11/22 and then couldn’t get time off to go get it until yesterday. For me it was worth the time. Now found out friends are in the desert as medical for ford desert testing. Hoping to take the baby bronco and go play with them the dessert

OP
OP
ZA-Val

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks. After checking this morning, the recall has been cleared from both ETIS and NHTSA. Wondering if the delivery date was pushed back because of the brake pad recall that was announced.

I’ll try to pry more info out of my dealer later but I’m not holding my breath.
It sounds like they held it to fix the recall prior to shipping which is a good thing even though it sucks that it’s delayed further. Better to have it taken care of than sit at the dealership for weeks waiting on the part. Did you look up your VIN to see if the brake recall was on your vehicle? Mine was not and a friend that got her Big Bend a few months ago hers wasn’t listed for the recall either.

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It sounds like they held it to fix the recall prior to shipping which is a good thing even though it sucks that it’s delayed further. Better to have it taken care of than sit at the dealership for weeks waiting on the part. Did you look up your VIN to see if the brake recall was on your vehicle? Mine was not and a friend that got her Big Bend a few months ago hers wasn’t listed for the recall either.
Yeah I’ve checked NHTSA for the recall. It’s not showing up yet but I’m certain it’s included. It affects all Bronco Sports that don’t have a vacuum sensor in the brakes, which mine doesn’t.

Ford isn’t expected to start notifying Bronco Sport and Escape owners until January. I think they’re in the process of compiling which ones are affected and which ones aren’t.
Sponsored