Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Wondering if anyone on here has thought of or has already done a truck bed liner on the plastic trim pieces? ( rear bumper, bottom mounding,fender trim ect..)
Sponsored

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Wondering if anyone on here has thought of or has already done a truck bed liner on the plastic trim pieces? ( rear bumper, bottom mounding,fender trim ect..)
I was just thinking about taping off some squares in the rear bumper qnd seeing how it went...

OP
OP
Milehifireguy

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been checking other forums to see results with different brands. Particularly ones that have been on for a year or more and how they’ve held up. Obviously, LineX has seemed to be the best but is really pricy and not DIY. Raptor and Rustoleum seem to be the brands that hold up best for DIY applications.

I was just thinking about taping off some squares in the rear bumper qnd seeing how it went...

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
I’ve been checking other forums to see results with different brands. Particularly ones that have been on for a year or more and how they’ve held up. Obviously, LineX has seemed to be the best but is really pricy and not DIY. Raptor and Rustoleum seem to be the brands that hold up best for DIY applications.
Project Farm has a couple of videos on bed liners. Climate seems to be a big factor, some brands are good in hot weather but poor in cold weather, and vice versa. IIRC the Raptor brand held up pretty well overall.

OP
OP
Milehifireguy

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really good info on these videos. I would guess that application to plastics would probably be similar. Gonna look and see if he’s done any testing for fade/UV resistance.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Project Farm has a couple of videos on bed liners. Climate seems to be a big factor, some brands are good in hot weather but poor in cold weather, and vice versa. IIRC the Raptor brand held up pretty well overall.

Ill check them o ut ... just wanted to add a little grip more than protection ... also considered kiwi grip - obviously not for the panels but just a little grip up on that rear bumper

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Really good info on these videos. I would guess that application to plastics would probably be similar. Gonna look and see if he’s done any testing for fade/UV resistance.
I think what ill go ahead and do - i planned on undercoating/ bedlining the wheel wells ... rather than paint the whole trim, ill tape off a line down the sides , prep, and just do the underside of the plastic ... side trim likely with rustoleum- soo how it holds up etc... im not super concerned about scrathing the plastic ... it is going to happen regardlesss down here but curios as to how well it holds up and protects--- also curious as to adding qnd angle or lat sown those sides unerneath- but i havent looked yet... baby steps...

crexmond

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I know bedliner is tough but I'm curious if it is hard to clean the surface.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
4wd 24/7 on YouTube down in Australia use Raptor coating on their trucks and beat the living crap out of the things. It appears to hold up well. Depending on how the doors hold up to gravel strikes, I would be tempted to coat the fenders and doors from the belt line down. The stuff can be tinted to colour match. From their how to use it properly, you have to commit as they suggest sanding first so it sticks.
Living in the land of salt on the roads for fives months as I do, I would be concerned if it was in any way permeable to moisture as that would be it for the doors. I know Rocker guard spray is porous and not a good idea as it can trap moisture.
Most likely I will just let the paint take a beating and stay on top of stone chips. The annoying carpeted wheel wells on the other hand are going to get a spray down with something. They are horrible to spray mud out of.

OP
OP
Milehifireguy

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My idea is to only coat the plastic trim, rear bumper and lower potion of the front bumper. I’m intrigued on the wheel well carpet too… wonder wha would cover that best?

4wd 24/7 on YouTube down in Australia use Raptor coating on their trucks and beat the living crap out of the things. It appears to hold up well. Depending on how the doors hold up to gravel strikes, I would be tempted to coat the fenders and doors from the belt line down. The stuff can be tinted to colour match. From their how to use it properly, you have to commit as they suggest sanding first so it sticks.
Living in the land of salt on the roads for fives months as I do, I would be concerned if it was in any way permeable to moisture as that would be it for the doors. I know Rocker guard spray is porous and not a good idea as it can trap moisture.
Most likely I will just let the paint take a beating and stay on top of stone chips. The annoying carpeted wheel wells on the other hand are going to get a spray down with something. They are horrible to spray mud out of.
Sponsored