thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Has anyone installed the Rhino Rack Stealth bars on a Bronco Sport? I'd like to have crossbars, but I'd also like to not nuke my MPG from orbit in the process. I know the factory bars are so high they are catastrophic for fuel economy, so a lower profile seems like the best hope for better attachment of stuff.
Sponsored

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
TheKingPrawn:

One big question I think I've seen bantered about is if you have a moon roof. Apparently with the way the moon roof opens, that is what neccesitates the high cross bars.

I have a badlands, without a moonroof. I purchased these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZMZZ5T9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can say I love them and they have a low design. I do get more road noise, but normally only at speed (70+ mph).

I really can't talk to MPG impact, as I get like 15.7 mpg.

To be fair I don't think that is the crossbars. I only have very short drives as I'm a fully remote employee, plus I drive like a complete dumbass and have a lift and roof rack...

Happy Trails...

RR

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I’ve had both the OEM and now I have Thule Wingbars and don’t see any difference in MPG. I also have drove pretty long road trips, 2000 miles round trip, without crossbars and didn’t see any MPG gain. If you aren’t carrying anything they shouldn’t affect you much. OEM are nice, but sit higher than others and don’t offer as much usable width and must be mounted in only one position. I have the moonroof and no issues with the Thules mounted on the Rapid Crossroads

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
..."not nuke my MPG from orbit in the process. I know the factory bars are so high they are catastrophic for fuel economy "

Are they really that bad?

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just purchased the rhino rack

Rhino-Rack Aero Roof Rack System - Black
Vortex SX roof rack system
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
(All Bronco Sport models)
Part #: K-SX100VA126B

TCBSport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport, 2012 Land Rover LR4 5.0L
TheKingPrawn:

One big question I think I've seen bantered about is if you have a moon roof. Apparently with the way the moon roof opens, that is what neccesitates the high cross bars.

I have a badlands, without a moonroof. I purchased these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZMZZ5T9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can say I love them and they have a low design. I do get more road noise, but normally only at speed (70+ mph).

I really can't talk to MPG impact, as I get like 15.7 mpg.

To be fair I don't think that is the crossbars. I only have very short drives as I'm a fully remote employee, plus I drive like a complete dumbass and have a lift and roof rack...

Happy Trails...

RR
I just bought these exact rails. The mount angle seems really wonky to me and even at full extension they seem to be a bit too short. Have you had any issues with loosening?
Sponsored