TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
A lot of folks on this forum have been writing about stuff that's missing on their new BS. Here's my 2 cents; or 14,200 cents to be more precise. The way I understand it... There were shortages of many auto parts in 2021. Among these were the parts listed in the table below. Ford deemed these parts, weren't important enough to halt production, so they shipped to Customers without them and never told anyone. They were hoping no one would notice. If Ford were Customer focused, they would have advised Customers and have Dealers issue a factory "We Owe". Instead, they took a different approach...

Note: The links are to oemfordpartscheap.com; For me, the Dealership is local so I can Pick-Up and not pay shipping charges. Your local Dealer can order these same parts for you; You should not have to pay shipping.

There's a lot of work when an auto manufacturer does something like this. There was an ECO and FMEA's had to be done.; Drawings and procedures needed to be changed. To complicate things for Ford, when they removed the Engine Cover, they had to design a new Standoff for one of the hoses. Engineering a new part, even a simple piece of plastic is a big-expensive-deal. Not to mention the cost of inserting that new part into Ford's supply chain. Finally, all the changes went thru a review and approval process by many departments at Ford, including the bean counters and the legal department. Only after all that, a change to the BOM was flowed down to Logistics and Production so they could ship without these parts. When these parts became available again... Ford realized they could save $142 per car if they continue to leave these parts off. Ford sold 29,000 BS in the first three months of 2022. According to the math: $142 X 29,000 = $4,118,000. Plus they save the significant Engineering costs of reverting back the BOM to include these parts again.

Even more frustrating is, if you ask a Salesperson about any of this, many will claim ignorance. Either they are lying or Ford's communication channels to the Dealers sux.

Most of my new cars have been Fords... Used to consider myself a "Ford Guy". Unfortunately, this experience makes me ashamed of saying that. This was done by Ford on purpose. It is another indication of the declining culture of quality at Ford, and the "Customer is Job One" philosophy.

Ford Bronco Sport Restore your BS to the Original OEM Design for $142 20220913_093908
I see your sentiment, but Ford doesn't pay retail prices for parts so I doubt that it saved them anywhere near $4 mil.
Sponsored

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
If we're stirring the pot here, OP's list is incomplete: I still need the folding headrests on the rear seats, temp displays on the climate control dials, and of course the little green light on the start/stop button to show me when the car is running. Oh, and the owners manual didn't come with the nice Bronco-branded case like in MY21.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
If we're stirring the pot here, OP's list is incomplete: I still need the folding headrests on the rear seats, temp displays on the climate control dials, and of course the little green light on the start/stop button to show me when the car is running. Oh, and the owners manual didn't come with the nice Bronco-branded case like in MY21.
Wait, other missing items! You got a Bronco branded case on your 21 and a little green light. I got a clear plastic one on my mine and no green light(((. I Gotta add those to my Christmas list to Santa.

Last edited:

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Okay, Gotta respond to this one. First off, they are stickers, peel off the backing and stick on the top of your existing letters. My 3 year old is a expert at sticking stickers, maybe she should do a YouTube on the process.

So with that smart ass reply out of the way here is what I did. I purchased my stickers, or for a more professional term, overlays on Etsy. Very good quality and cut. I cleaned the letters with alcohol before applying and let it dry for a few minutes. I peeled the stickers, oops overlays and positioned them perfectly on top of the letters. Take time to press the edges rather firmly. After that let the sun cure the adhesive and wa laa, project complete. One note be careful when drying, the towel can grab the corners and peel them up a bit. It's been almost nine months since I put mine on and still holding up good.

gcgalati

Badlands
First Name
GianCarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Here's part numbers for the 2.0
Engine cover - K2GZ6A949A - 67.20
Cover. Engine. BOLT. STUD. Valve - AG9Z00812D - 6.99 each
Cover. Engine. Valve. BOLT. Stud - 1S6Z00812C - 12.70
dave, the parts to secure the engine cover how many do i need of each ?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
To fill your vehicle up with gas when you run out and someone comes to your rescue with a portable or jerry gas can.
And the only way to get a bottle of dry gas in if somehow you got too much moisture in the tank.
Like let it sit with a low fuel level too long in the wrong weather conditions and condensation collects on the inside of the tank.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Personally I think we were very very LUCKY Ford managed to produce a brand new model and one that was so innovative and technically advanced it single handedly made all of the rest of the small AWD sport Ute’ category out of date and in desperate need of a complete redesign. Not just rearranging fenders, lights and dash boards.
As they have been doing.
These pandemic vehicles are pretty darn good in my opinion.
I’ve got all the missing parts as mine was built mid 2020.
But if I didn’t I’d have them all on my dime with no worries.
I like my pandemic vehicle.
True FORD guys don’t jump ship and run when things get rough.

mikldom

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition, Area 51
Don't forget the Hood Insulator. (This company link is a Ford Dealer that sells parts that is often as cheap or cheaper than the others but with lower shipping.. I have ordered from them in the past... Cannot vouch other than my previous order was spot on): M1PZ-16738-B - Insulator Hood - Sunrise Ford Parts

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Looks like the engine cover for the 2.0 is now discontinued. I was gonna order one since my kids got me the interior dash cover for Xmas. On every site I go to for Ford parts it’s listed as discontinued. 😟

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I assumed these parts will be missing on my '23 OBX. I just bought them myself and will install them when my vehicle arrives. The other thing I really want is lighted cup holders. Waiting to see if I need to order these. I'm very anal about having my vehicle just the way I want it. I don't mind spending another $200 bucks to get what I want. Luckily, I've been a mechanic all my life, and will have no problem installing these features.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
As I read the post, my thought was how funny it was that so much time was spent on parts that could be had for $142. It all seemed so trivial to me.

Then you finished with the no longer a "Ford guy" and "declining culture of quality" stuff.

It was a bit of a twist to me... not what I expected after you had just pointed out it was only $142 and that's if all the parts are missing on your particular car. I guess my interpretation was different than yours. 🤷
Are you saying it's only $142 so WE should just pay it if we want it? Or quit bitching? When my 2023 order arrives it will be interesting looking at the used 2021 I bought and comparing the two.

BS_Fishin'

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F350
Are you saying it's only $142 so WE should just pay it if we want it? Or quit bitching? When my 2023 order arrives it will be interesting looking at the used 2021 I bought and comparing the two.
If somebody is so concerned about a $5 funnel, an engine cover that virtually nobody will see (and that Ford considers so useless that they quit making it), and an under dash panel then, yeah, they can go buy them for less than it costs for me to fill up my F-350 one time.

Unless a BS owner frequented this site and happened to read these threads, they'd have no idea those items were even missing and if their BS came without a funnel, I bet the dealer would toss it in for free.

The OP saying he's "ashamed" he used to be a "Ford guy" over this is laughable.

It's like me saying I'm no longer a Niners Fan because they raised the price of their hot dogs at home games. I can either pay the money for an overpriced hot dog or eat beforehand, BFD.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
If somebody is so concerned about a $5 funnel, an engine cover that virtually nobody will see (and that Ford considers so useless that they quit making it), and an under dash panel then, yeah, they can go buy them for less than it costs for me to fill up my F-350 one time.

Unless a BS owner frequented this site and happened to read these threads, they'd have no idea those items were even missing and if their BS came without a funnel, I bet the dealer would toss it in for free.

The OP saying he's "ashamed" he used to be a "Ford guy" over this is laughable.

It's like me saying I'm no longer a Niners Fan because they raised the price of their hot dogs at home games. I can either pay the money for an overpriced hot dog or eat beforehand, BFD.
Unfortunatly forums provide positive and negative information. It can be frustrating having this information at our fingertips. I for one was getting information overload. I was ready to jump from the Bronco rodeo because of info learned here. Unfortunatly some of us are too anal to let missing items not be replaced. Thats a couple hundred dollars I could be spending on other goodies. How many items are you willing to sacrifice that you can not see from behind the steering wheel? Even if you do not know are there and considered by some to be useless? For me the engine cover serves a purpose. Can you send me one for when my 2023 arrives? Besides I could not afford to fill up an F350. 34 gallons would definatly hurt my weekly budget. I see your point but since we do know of these issues it just makes me feel like value and quality for the money is falling short. Is the BSBL a worthy vehicle? I sure hope so. I am invested in a recent used purchase and still plan on taking my ordered one as well. His and Hers. LoL. This forum definatly has more positive comments than negative about the Bronco Sport.

BS_Fishin'

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F350
Unfortunatly forums provide positive and negative information. It can be frustrating having this information at our fingertips. I for one was getting information overload. I was ready to jump from the Bronco rodeo because of info learned here. Unfortunatly some of us are too anal to let missing items not be replaced. Thats a couple hundred dollars I could be spending on other goodies. How many items are you willing to sacrifice that you can not see from behind the steering wheel? Even if you do not know are there and considered by some to be useless? For me the engine cover serves a purpose. Can you send me one for when my 2023 arrives? Besides I could not afford to fill up an F350. 34 gallons would definatly hurt my weekly budget. I see your point but since we do know of these issues it just makes me feel like value and quality for the money is falling short. Is the BSBL a worthy vehicle? I sure hope so. I am invested in a recent used purchase and still plan on taking my ordered one as well. His and Hers. LoL. This forum definatly has more positive comments than negative about the Bronco Sport.
Certainly everybody has different tolerances, but the price increases, dealer mark-ups, and interest rates for those that finance are far bigger influences on affordability than whether or not one pays $142 for an engine cover, dash panel, and funnel.
Sponsored