Jamie

Big Bend
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
A lot of folks on this forum have been writing about stuff that's missing on their new BS. Here's my 2 cents; or 14,200 cents to be more precise. The way I understand it... There were shortages of many auto parts in 2021. Among these were the parts listed in the table below. Ford deemed these parts, weren't important enough to halt production, so they shipped to Customers without them and never told anyone. They were hoping no one would notice. If Ford were Customer focused, they would have advised Customers and have Dealers issue a factory "We Owe". Instead, they took a different approach...

Note: The links are to oemfordpartscheap.com; For me, the Dealership is local so I can Pick-Up and not pay shipping charges. Your local Dealer can order these same parts for you; You should not have to pay shipping.

There's a lot of work when an auto manufacturer does something like this. There was an ECO and FMEA's had to be done.; Drawings and procedures needed to be changed. To complicate things for Ford, when they removed the Engine Cover, they had to design a new Standoff for one of the hoses. Engineering a new part, even a simple piece of plastic is a big-expensive-deal. Not to mention the cost of inserting that new part into Ford's supply chain. Finally, all the changes went thru a review and approval process by many departments at Ford, including the bean counters and the legal department. Only after all that, a change to the BOM was flowed down to Logistics and Production so they could ship without these parts. When these parts became available again... Ford realized they could save $142 per car if they continue to leave these parts off. Ford sold 29,000 BS in the first three months of 2022. According to the math: $142 X 29,000 = $4,118,000. Plus they save the significant Engineering costs of reverting back the BOM to include these parts again.

Even more frustrating is, if you ask a Salesperson about any of this, many will claim ignorance. Either they are lying or Ford's communication channels to the Dealers sux.

Most of my new cars have been Fords... Used to consider myself a "Ford Guy". Unfortunately, this experience makes me ashamed of saying that. This was done by Ford on purpose. It is another indication of the declining culture of quality at Ford, and the "Customer is Job One" philosophy.

Ford Bronco Sport Restore your BS to the Original OEM Design for $142 20220913_093908
Missing hood insulator pad on my BS. Ordered and still not made. they quit midway through 2021.
Sponsored

First Name
Alto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Its only $142.00 but it was always considered Free in a sense. Those were Free options that we got that are not available now.
I agree most that don't know would never have a problem with them missing.

I had a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T (Satans Chariot) God I hated that thing.
But...I purchased Used 6 Months old it and realized it never came with a Spare Tire, Jack or Tire Iron. I was pissed, Raised Hell. The salesman called me, we met in the back of the Dealership drove over to another Challenger and pulled it from there. Happily I left.

Upon further investigation I found out it was a OPTION. Meaning you could order it with or without. Once people had the option a lot of people choose not to pay for it.

As was stated Most that don't know or frequent this Forum would never have a problem with them missing. But once you know, you know...You Know?

I'll be gradually installing most of the Missing Parts, because I Like the Completed Feeling. $142.00 to Feel it is Completed...I can deal with that.