ROCKNBRONCO777

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello all! I wanted to share my experience regarding the RERPRO Hood Struts on Amazon.

RERPRO Hood Struts Lift Support... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W499D14?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

For half the price of the name brand Redline I don't see any issues besides having no instructions. Just follow the Redline video online and you will be just fine installing them. See my photos. Hope this helps ya'll save some money with all the add ons we all want lol

Ford Bronco Sport RERPRO Hood Struts VideoCapture_20220715-182222

Ford Bronco Sport RERPRO Hood Struts VideoCapture_20220715-182246

Ford Bronco Sport RERPRO Hood Struts VideoCapture_20220715-182310
Sponsored

J45

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got them too. They’re smooth and boring like they should be!

however I got the most rancid instructions ever. Photocopy hell quality and for big bronco. Good thing there isn’t much flexibility in where they are installed. Had to make sure the length lined up since these are longer than big bronco ones.

OP
OP
ROCKNBRONCO777

ROCKNBRONCO777

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I got them too. They’re smooth and boring like they should be!

however I got the most rancid instructions ever. Photocopy hell quality and for big bronco. Good thing there isn’t much flexibility in where they are installed. Had to make sure the length lined up since these are longer than big bronco ones.
At least you got something for instructions. I didnt get anything, just read they were the same for installing them so im glad I saved myself $60

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
They are made of steel correct? As opposed to the Redline which are stainless steel. Why they cost twice as much. Not sure which way to go?

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
They are made of steel correct? As opposed to the Redline which are stainless steel. Why they cost twice as much. Not sure which way to go?
I got the cheaper ones from Amazon, could not get them to click in place. The metal eventually bent and I returned them. Ordered the Redline and they went on flawlessly. I think the cheaper version was supposed to be duplicating the Redline but with cheaper materials. You get what you pay for.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I got the cheaper ones from Amazon, could not get them to click in place. The metal eventually bent and I returned them. Ordered the Redline and they went on flawlessly. I think the cheaper version was supposed to be duplicating the Redline but with cheaper materials. You get what you pay for.
That is the truth we we all should live by.(buy) You may decision for me today, just needed someone to tell me.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Was it the Sukemici struts? I purchased a set from Amazon and had no issues with installation (other than terrible instructions). Read my post here.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Was it the Sukemici struts? I purchased a set from Amazon and had no issues with installation (other than terrible instructions). Read my post here.
Don't remember the brand. My problem came with with snapping to studs in place. Spent a lot of time and they wouldn't snap in. Finally tried used a wrench to squeeze them in and that's when the little piece of metal bent. Instructions were non existent but there was an excellent YouTube showing step by step. Glad yours worked out OK.

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
thanks for the review, got the redline elites
Sponsored