Replacing front bumper after deer collision...

trav143213

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any suggestions for replacing the front bumper/bumper cover smashed by deer (I think that is the part damaged plus the radiator)? FYI- Odds of hitting a deer in PA, WV, and MT are almost 6 times as high as the national average...

Ford Bronco Sport Replacing front bumper after deer collision... deer
Sponsored

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Any suggestions for replacing the front bumper/bumper cover smashed by deer (I think that is the part damaged plus the radiator)? FYI- Odds of hitting a deer in PA, WV, and MT are almost 6 times as high as the national average...

If you don't order direct from Ford I would check ebay; there is a few bronco sports being parted out already after being totalled. Good luck either way; this time of the year is rough. Hunting season keeps the deer moving more than usual

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Dang, I was hoping the collision avoidance system would, you know, help avoid this. ?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

I believe the heat exchanger behind the active grill shutters is the intercooler, not the radiator.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Could have been worse. Glad it did not come out so. I used to live in Utah and almost hit a buck once that was taller than my car. The antlers scrapped the car.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
does your insurance not cover this peril? just curious. here we honor wildlife collision, just not domestic animals like dogs, cats, horses or giraffes. i'd hate to hit someone's pet giraffe.
in all seriousness, bummer, and glad you're ok.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
does your insurance not cover this peril? just curious. here we honor wildlife collision, just not domestic animals like dogs, cats, horses or giraffes. i'd hate to hit someone's pet giraffe.
Someone hit my Giraffe once...lucky it was minor flesh wounds:cwl:

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I’ve been waiting 3 months for a left rear quarter panel for my OB. Body shop ( Ford certified so dealing direct) can’t even give me an estimate on when it will arrive. Good luck, hope you can get the parts quickly.

OP
OP

trav143213

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Could have been worse. Glad it did not come out so. I used to live in Utah and almost hit a buck once that was taller than my car. The antlers scrapped the car.
Thank you for the insight. Hope it doesn’t take that long.

OP
OP

trav143213

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well, I haven’t heard back from the body shop yet or insurance. I just wanted to be somewhat informed when talking to them… thanks for the reply.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Even though you had bad luck hitting a dear, you had good luck that the deer didn't come up over the hood and smash through the windshield and possibly harm you as well as total your vehicle. The body shop will go over it and find what all has been damaged and needs to be replaced. If it's drivable and not leaking any fluids maybe the damage is only cosmetic and all you'll need is the bumper cover.
Good luck.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

I'd add some deer whistles for sure...

Hope it's drivable while your waiting for parts.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
My wife was just mentioning that we need to get deer whistles for her BS/BB.