Removing factory floor mats, cargo mgmt. system, etc.?

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
Hi all,

Looking to get a BS Outer Banks soon but hoping to get around the 6-month order timeline my dealer told me by shopping for existing inventory. I found a great car in my color preferences— the only thing is that it has several options that are simply not needed and bump up the sticker price. They include the Cargo Management System, Cargo Mat, Front and Rear Splash Guards, and Floor Liners w/ Carpet Mats.

If I'm not mistaken, all of these are things that can be bought after-purchase as accessories anyway so my hope was that I could just have them taken off during purchase. However, a sales manager at the dealer that has this vehicle told me that they can't be taken off because they're factory installed, but I could sell them on my own afterwards if I want to.

Just wondering if there's still any room to trim down this car a little bit if I were to actually go to the dealer and say I would buy it if they took these things off. I realize my negotiating power is pretty limited these days, but am wondering if anyone here has had similar experiences or been successful.

Thanks!
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The cargo management system costs over $1k in parts to install after build.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Honestly yes, they’re all accessories available after purchase with the exception of cargo management.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/adding-cargo-management-system-heres-part-numbers-and-cost-to-retrofit.2534/
It’s not generally economical to add after the fact, so removing it wouldn’t net any cash back.
I can’t say I’ve had a similar experience so hopefully others will give good advice, but in this day & age finding what you want but paying only a bit more for a few extras you can sell later & not having to pay a huge MSRP markup to me it sounds like you found a good deal.

OP
OP
zachc275

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
The cargo management system costs over $1k in parts to install after build.
Thank you for pointing this out, I had a misunderstanding of what the management system was. Even though I wasn't intending on adding it on, I guess it is more economical to swallow the $110 it adds on rather than want it later by paying $1k.

OP
OP
zachc275

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
Honestly yes, they’re all accessories available after purchase with the exception of cargo management.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/adding-cargo-management-system-heres-part-numbers-and-cost-to-retrofit.2534/
It’s not generally economical to add after the fact, so removing it wouldn’t net any cash back.
I can’t say I’ve had a similar experience so hopefully others will give good advice, but in this day & age finding what you want but paying only a bit more for a few extras you can sell later & not having to pay a huge MSRP markup to me it sounds like you found a good deal.
Do you know what the "Cargo Mat" is specifically, by chance? I thought all BS models came with that rubberized backing of the seats and trunk but I could be wrong.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for pointing this out, I had a misunderstanding of what the management system was. Even though I wasn't intending on adding it on, I guess it is more economical to swallow the $110 it adds on rather than want it later by paying $1k.
It's one of the few adds I required. It seems very useful, especially when I'm out doing photography.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know what the "Cargo Mat" is specifically, by chance? I thought all BS models came with that rubberized backing of the seats and trunk but I could be wrong.
Fairly sure it's just an extra, removable rubber mat. Probably great if you plan on throwing muddy things in the back or if you have a herd of Golden Retrievers who shed everywhere.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/part-ymm/2021-ford-bronco-sport-cargo-mat.html
I’m sure it’s this. One of the first two options, either compact or full-size spare. I’m just not sure what the difference in the 2 mats is, though they have 2 different part numbers.

I’m trying to get my dealer to add this in through their parts & they seem to think the BL needs the compact spare one though I pointed out to them what I thought was correct.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One has a horse on it. Literally the only difference. I asked about the comparison between the OEM stock mat and the upgraded version when placing my order. Had a good chuckle about it. Is it a $130 horse? You decide.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Plus it doesn’t seem to have the notches for the cargo management shelf when it’s used as a divider

OP
OP
zachc275

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
One has a horse on it. Literally the only difference. I asked about the comparison between the OEM stock mat and the upgraded version when placing my order. Had a good chuckle about it. Is it a $130 horse? You decide.
Interesting… I do like the horse, but I think the ~dozen others throughout the car suffice. Does it stick on top of the existing liner or replace it completely? Will help me interpret whether it’s feasible to have them take it off or if it’ll cause problems. Kind of disappointing that the existing inventory comes with this random stuff.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting… I do like the horse, but I think the ~dozen others throughout the car suffice. Does it stick on top of the existing liner or replace it completely? Will help me interpret whether it’s feasible to have them take it off or if it’ll cause problems. Kind of disappointing that the existing inventory comes with this random stuff.
I'm fairly sure the stock rubber floor isn't removeable. Someone who actually has their BS can verify that.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If they are selling at MSRP/sticker price, then these additions are not over the top expensive and all are options that are popularly chosen. Thus, I’d suggest none should stop you from buying and none will be beneficial to sell, but you will be happy.

Buy it and avoid the wait!

edit: also, I have all of these options on my Outer Banks and I am happy with them
Sponsored