Remote start question: how does the engine behave when the door is opened while the engine is still running?

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
As I try to sit patiently while my BL+BL is being built, I have a question related to remote start that I'd like to pose to those of you who use the feature regularly.

Currently, my Ford Fusion has remote start and when I use it, the engine stays on when I open my car door. The engine only shuts off if it times out or if I tap the break before sticking my key into the ignition. My wife has a Toyota Camry which shuts off the engine right when the door is opened.

How does the engine behave in the Bronco Sport when the door is opened while the engine is still running?

Thanks to all who chime in.
Sponsored

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
It stays running when you open the door. I haven't ever hit the brake before turning the key with remote start, but I'd presume it behaves like your fusion.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It stays running when you open the door. I haven't ever hit the brake before turning the key with remote start, but I'd presume it behaves like your fusion.
That was quick! Thanks for the confirmation. I was assuming that the engine would stay running since I'll be dealing with keyless entry with a key fob instead of a key. But it's good to hear real world feedback.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
That was quick! Thanks for the confirmation. I was assuming that the engine would stay running since I'll be dealing with keyless entry with a key fob instead of a key. But it's good to hear real world feedback.
I have an OB. The engine stays running when I open the door, but I can't drive it until I put my foot on the brake and push the start button.

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
My Base model has a 'Key,' but it's just used to turn a rotary switch that operates the same as pushing the start button, so I'd imagine it's the same.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an OB. The engine stays running when I open the door, but I can't drive it until I put my foot on the brake and push the start button.
That makes sense. That's the equivalent of me turning the key in the ignition after I enter my Fusion with the engine running.

Thanks!

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That makes sense. That's the equivalent of me turning the key in the ignition after I enter my Fusion with the engine running.

Thanks!
You remote start a Base using the app then?

bronco_wv

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Rapid Red
Same on my Big Bend model.
This is much better than the remote start on a Subaru we owned previously. The engine shut off when the door was opened, and you had to start it back up when you get inside.
Sponsored