Remote start over wifi with the Fordpass app observation.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
  • Banned
If I am out messing with my Sport during the day, playing the radio windows down, then up when I'm done, remote start will not work the next morning.
Seems I am taking the battery down just below peak voltage and this disables that start feature..
I found something on this subject in the owners manual and can't find it anymore.
Or my cheese done slid off my cracker,,
Penney for your thoughts people's ?
Sponsored

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
If I am out messing with my Sport during the day, playing the radio windows down, then up when I'm done, remote start will not work the next morning.
Seems I am taking the battery down just below peak voltage and this disables that start feature..
I found something on this subject in the owners manual and can't find it anymore.
Or my cheese done slid off my cracker,,
Penney for your thoughts people's ?
Page 117 covers remote start operations. I doubt itā€™s a voltage problem. Iā€™m guessing itā€˜s a settings problem.

Did the remote start work well prior to this? Is your onboard modem enabled? Does the LED on the remote flash if you try to start it with the remote?

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Are you using the app or the key for remote start? If you use the key, you have to first lock the doors. Lock>Start>Start.

I haven't use the app to start it, does that also need the doors locked?

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
  • Banned
Page 117 covers remote start operations. I doubt itā€™s a voltage problem. Iā€™m guessing itā€˜s a settings problem.

Did the remote start work well prior to this? Is your onboard modem enabled? Does the LED on the remote flash if you try to start it with the remote?
I have no remote I do this with my phone over Fordpass.
It works great at home across my wifi and when I'm out and on the 4gLTE net.
The not working is random and not the norm.
The only thing I can see is it not starting after three days of non use or as I said in my thread opener... I dunno ?

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I hadn't driven mine for a few days (thanks to covid lockdown) and got a notification on my app saying that remote features were disabled with a message to the tune of don't worry this just happens when your car hasn't run in a while... perhaps a battery conservation strategy? Maybe something similar happened to you if you were using the car's battery operated features without turning the ignition over?

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
thought the Ford Pass worked over cell service, not wifi.
one thing i noticed on the fordpass remote start is it takes some delay in transmitting that start signal to the bronco, not a lot but definitely more than a normal remote start key fob.
not sure if it goes over airwaves and then back to the car...

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
one thing i noticed on the fordpass remote start is it takes some delay in transmitting that start signal to the bronco, not a lot but definitely more than a normal remote start key fob.
not sure if it goes over airwaves and then back to the car...
Thats because the fob sends a signal directly to the car, while the app uses WiFi or cell service to send the signal.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I hadn't driven mine for a few days (thanks to covid lockdown) and got a notification on my app saying that remote features were disabled with a message to the tune of don't worry this just happens when your car hasn't run in a while... perhaps a battery conservation strategy? Maybe something similar happened to you if you were using the car's battery operated features without turning the ignition over?
Interesting. I wouldnā€™t think a few days would be a big deal but apparently it is.
Sponsored