Hanjoelo

Big Bend
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Was putting new license plate covers on today and noticed a washer nozzle under the rear camera. Thought to myself “huh, didn’t know I had this”. Had my wife come out and try the rear sprayer - nothing came out of the nozzle. Opened the tailgate and liquid was spilling from out of the Stryker opening. Noticed a little access hatch above the Stryker on the tailgate. I opened it up and found a line that appeared to be connected to nothing. Had my wife try the sprayer and low and behold it had been fully spraying on the inside of my tailgate since I bought the vehicle. I just booked a service appointment.

Are Big Bends supposed to have a sprayer for the camera? If not, why is there a disconnected line just spraying washer fluid in my tailgate?
Sponsored

Rincon

Badlands
First Name
Laird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Cactus Gray
Can you take a pic, would like to compare what your seeing to our BL. Interesting. Wonder if it’s just a line not connected.

OP
OP
Hanjoelo

Hanjoelo

Big Bend
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can you take a pic, would like to compare what your seeing to our BL. Interesting. Wonder if it’s just a line not connected.
Sure - see attached. The gray thing in my fingers just sprays fluid all inside the door when I use the rear sprayer for the back windshield. I felt around looked in with a flashlight to no avail. I can find where it would have come disconnected from.

Ford Bronco Sport Rear Windshield Washer Fluid Leak In Tailgate CEF02C0E-D9A1-47A9-AFB9-323825B48A01

Ford Bronco Sport Rear Windshield Washer Fluid Leak In Tailgate 7D185764-0A97-4640-A179-03E58D069BB8

Ford Bronco Sport Rear Windshield Washer Fluid Leak In Tailgate 96228467-936F-41E4-B25F-4299106D4314

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
That's totally something I would want the dealer/Ford to know about so maybe drive it there and let a tech handle it, but if you want to try, here's a pic I went and got of mine to show where that connects. Hope it helps out.

Ford Bronco Sport Rear Windshield Washer Fluid Leak In Tailgate IMG_20210604_113423645
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Windshield Washer Fluid Leak In Tailgate IMG_20210604_113349229

OP
OP
Hanjoelo

Hanjoelo

Big Bend
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That's totally something I would want the dealer/Ford to know about so maybe drive it there and let a tech handle it, but if you want to try, here's a pic I went and got of mine to show where that connects. Hope it helps out.

Ford Bronco Sport Rear Windshield Washer Fluid Leak In Tailgate IMG_20210604_113423645
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Windshield Washer Fluid Leak In Tailgate IMG_20210604_113349229
Yep - have an appointment booked for Tuesday. What trim level do you have? In your top picture I can see where there’s a line connected to the gray piece from my picture. It looks like it goes under the aluminum which would connect to the sprayer. I felt around in there and I can’t feel any disconnected lines.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It's a Badlands. That grey part is connected to something like an icemaker line. It's right at the sheet metal though. Does your camera have a little box on the bottom? That's the washer. Here's a pic I found on the internet.

I do remember reading something about a changeover to add the camera with washer to other trims. I wonder if yours was built right in that changeover time and someone put in the Y from the 3rd brake light and the next guy put in a washerless camera :crackup: You might get a free upgrade!

Ford Bronco Sport Rear Windshield Washer Fluid Leak In Tailgate 5dce1156f483f6e0a54823cf512bebf5f0d9df5f

Edit:
Found it!

JOB 2 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES – Effective on all
vehicles built on or after Job#2 (05/10/2021 – Subject to
change)
● Added Reverse Sensing System to Fleet Only Options
● Updated USB Ports located inside Center Console Armrest
(which replaces Powerpoint 12V) and behind Center Console on
all series
● Added Rear View Camera w/Washer to Big Bend™ and Outer
Banks™
● Updated Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ with Speed Sign Recognition
and Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control on Big Bend
● Added new package, Big Bend™ Package – No Power Moonroof
● Added new package, Outer Banks™ Package – No Power
Moonroof
● Removed Wash Out from Badlands
● Added restrictions for the following Series/Features
— Badlands
— First Edition
— Big Bend Package
— Outer Banks Package
— Badlands Package
— 18” Machined-face Aluminum Ebony Black-painted

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hanjoelo

Hanjoelo

Big Bend
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yep, i see the washer nozzle under the camera.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Looked like it was not connected or broke off .

OP
OP
Hanjoelo

Hanjoelo

Big Bend
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
OP, what did the dealer end up doing for you?
I’m not sure if it was never connected, or there was a missing connector - but regardless, after I got the car back from the dealer there was now a hose connecting the formerly disconnected washer line to the nozzle below the camera. Everything is good now and it works perfectly.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m not sure if it was never connected, or there was a missing connector - but regardless, after I got the car back from the dealer there was now a hose connecting the formerly disconnected washer line to the nozzle below the camera. Everything is good now and it works perfectly.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I misunderstood what happened. You had the camera with the washer nozzel to being with. I thought they possibly ran the hose line, but didn't give you the camera with the washer.

I'm trying to locate the part numbers for the rear camera washer so I can add it to my existing one. It really irritates me that it wasnt included on my OB, but now the new builds will have it. If I can locate the parts numbers I will order them and install it myself.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Thanks for the reply. I guess I misunderstood what happened. You had the camera with the washer nozzel to being with. I thought they possibly ran the hose line, but didn't give you the camera with the washer.

I'm trying to locate the part numbers for the rear camera washer so I can add it to my existing one. It really irritates me that it wasnt included on my OB, but now the new builds will have it. If I can locate the parts numbers I will order them and install it myself.
The camera itself is about $350 and you'll have to T into the line at the 3rd brake light and run it down to the new camera. I think if you don't have the camera, there wouldn't be a fluid line. I still think OP's was built right in that transition time and they just goofed. I'd bet odds that there is also some sort of flow restrictor so most of the fluid goes to the window.

I totally understand your feeling about the missing feature (I'm looking at adding things too) but that's one that I would rather do without than go through that much effort. It squirts fluid but there's no wipe, so you just have droplets instead of dirt. If you get in the habit of wiping it with a thumb when you get in the back, it will stay clear between washes.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Getting Close...
Hose:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/windshield-washer-hose-13283663-1
Jet:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/jet-13283525-1

Trying to find the Tailgate handle housing that supports the Jet.
Closest I can find is the whole handle assembly and that doesn't specify the washer....
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/tailgate-handle-13477099-1

I will keep looking.

If anyone has info or part numbers, please throw them my way. Even photos if you have the camera washer would be nice.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The camera itself is about $350 and you'll have to T into the line at the 3rd brake light and run it down to the new camera. I think if you don't have the camera, there wouldn't be a fluid line. I still think OP's was built right in that transition time and they just goofed. I'd bet odds that there is also some sort of flow restrictor so most of the fluid goes to the window.

I totally understand your feeling about the missing feature (I'm looking at adding things too) but that's one that I would rather do without than go through that much effort. It squirts fluid but there's no wipe, so you just have droplets instead of dirt. If you get in the habit of wiping it with a thumb when you get in the back, it will stay clear between washes.
I don't believe it is a different camera.
https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/L9yVQ/s1/2021-ford-bronco-sport-badlands-tailgate-latch.jpg

Also, I live in michigan. Salt in the winter is annoying as hell to wipe off with your finger. The washer helps a lot. I want it.
Sponsored

Last edited: