loyalone

Base
First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
loud clank/ metal on metal on recoil when going over speed bumps or down a slightly raised driveways. Dealer claims they don’t hear it, also rattle/plastic vibration noise come and goes from dash behind display. Sound as if a wiring harness gets loose on bumpy roads. Only 1000 miles and never was off pavement - ever
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...also rattle/plastic vibration noise come and goes from dash behind display.
Put your hand on the dash behind the SYNC display when you hear the rattle. To top of the dash is actually two pieces; the color strip is part of the lower piece. When I touched at the spot shown below the rattle (for me it was more of a tick, tick, ticking sound) stopped.

Ford Bronco Sport rear shock 20220508_162822

I surmised the ticking noise was the two pieces of plastic rubbing against each other at the spot I touched (yours might be in a different spot). I thought keeping the two pieces from touching each other was the best way to prevent the noise. You can find a variety of adhesive-backed felt at Wallyworld. I decided on a roll of felt strip for under under $5 IIRC.

Ford Bronco Sport rear shock 20220508_162651

I snipped a length of felt off the roll, peeled off the adhesive covering, used a trim tool to pry the two plastic pieces apart, then stuffed the strip between them. Keep pushing with your trim tool until it's not visible, then press down on it to make sure it adheres.

Ford Bronco Sport rear shock 20220508_162734

Voila! Ticking noise is no more.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
loud clank/ metal on metal on recoil when going over speed bumps or down a slightly raised driveways. Dealer claims they don’t hear it, also rattle/plastic vibration noise come and goes from dash behind display. Sound as if a wiring harness gets loose on bumpy roads. Only 1000 miles and never was off pavement - ever
Good morning! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these rear shock concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

OP
OP

loyalone

Base
First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Put your hand on the dash behind the SYNC display when you hear the rattle. To top of the dash is actually two pieces; the color strip is part of the lower piece. When I touched at the spot shown below the rattle (for me it was more of a tick, tick, ticking sound) stopped.

Ford Bronco Sport rear shock 20220508_162822

I surmised the ticking noise was the two pieces of plastic rubbing against each other at the spot I touched (yours might be in a different spot). I thought keeping the two pieces from touching each other was the best way to prevent the noise. You can find a variety of adhesive-backed felt at Wallyworld. I decided on a roll of felt strip for under under $5 IIRC.

Ford Bronco Sport rear shock 20220508_162651

I snipped a length of felt off the roll, peeled off the adhesive covering, used a trim tool to pry the two plastic pieces apart, then stuffed the strip between them. Keep pushing with your trim tool until it's not visible, then press down on it to make sure it adheres.

Ford Bronco Sport rear shock 20220508_162734

Voila! Ticking noise is no more.
OMG, I hope this is it - once I get my car back from the dealer from the last recall, I will check this area out as soon as the noise starts again- thank you so much for the response!
Sponsored