BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
So I spoke to the guy from Long McArthur Ford Kansas who did the in Depth look at the Sport Outer Banks. They’ve got more videos to post apparently, look for them on YouTube and here as well.

I called him to definitively confirm rear seat situation. His voice unfortunately trailed in the video. It does not slide and locked into a standard recline. The degree of angle looks nice...

But moving forward I’d like to get eyes on and hear from the forum regarding DIY hacks for adjusting the seats.

It’s not electrical right... so maybe there is a chance of adjusting a few nuts and bolts?...

The only question I have in that regard is the space between the mold that is the cargo floor and the back seat. Might just be a logistical impossibility. But I’m sure there’s going to be someone out there some day who just wants to take the seats out and plays around. Tons of folks in 6g talk about getting rear seats out of 2 Door.
Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I think you are out of luck (assuming you meant to move the seats further back). The rear seats look like the are already up against the rear wheel wells.
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Seat. No Slide Locked Recline 1603317818125

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Making the seats moveable would be a logistical nightmare in an aftermarket sense. Even if you can build custom rails for the back seat, the locking mechanism is on the top left and right sides, which would either have to be moved.. or you would have to find another way to lock the seat up right at multiple seating positions at the internal base like the front seats typically do.

Anything is possible.. it just takes time, and money.. how much of each are you willing to put out?

With that said. Taking seats out should be much easier.
Sponsored