BRoebuck30

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey everyone, my first post in the community!
I was drying my 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend after washing it. Opened the rear glass and the struts on both sides fell off from the glass. I know this is a pretty easy fix. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem yet. I haven’t even had it for a year yet.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I have seen post in the past of that happening. In some cases tail gate gets scratched dented when they fall down. Does not seem wide spread but seen posts in the past this happening.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The struts came off the posts or the mounts came off the glass?

There should be a metal retaining spring that clips the strut to the mount. They pop on and the retainer snaps over. If yours haven't got the retainer, I would get some. If the mount came off the glass, I would get Ford to replace it or fix it.

OP
OP
BRoebuck30

BRoebuck30

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The struts came off the posts or the mounts came off the glass?

There should be a metal retaining spring that clips the strut to the mount. They pop on and the retainer snaps over. If yours haven't got the retainer, I would get some. If the mount came off the glass, I would get Ford to replace it or fix it.
The adhesive came undone on the widow so the struts just flapped down when I opened the window. Luckily they didn't hit/scratch my paint. So I proceeded to unclip the struts from the mounts so I could close the window safely. The window latches itself still. So I have just been riding around with the struts sitting in the trunk. It isn't an urgent fix by all means. I will get to it when I can. I was just testing the waters out here to see if anyone else has come across this issue.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I was drying my 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend after washing it. Opened the rear glass and the struts on both sides fell off from the glass. I know this is a pretty easy fix. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem yet. I haven’t even had it for a year yet.
That should be a clear warranty item.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Glad to hear paint didn't get scratched. Warranty claim dealer will have to fix.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi Blake, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concern my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had this happen to just one of the sides and I just took it into the dealer to get it fixed since it happened within a month or so of buying it. It did take about 2 weeks to get it repaired because they had to replace the whole rear glass with the struts.
Sponsored