Rear camera shield or protector available aftermarket?

DavePop

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Is there an after market shield or protector for the rear camera. Just trying to protect it from dirt and rain.
Sponsored

jimd1050

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It has a sprayer that cleans it if you hit the rear wiper washer
Not all Bronco Sports have it... it's an option, unfortunately! (Trust me, I know... our '21 Big Bend doesn't have it) - from Owner's Manual:

Ford Bronco Sport Rear camera shield or protector available aftermarket? CameraWasher

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Not all Bronco Sports have it... it's an option, unfortunately! (Trust me, I know... our '21 Big Bend doesn't have it) - from Owner's Manual:

Ford Bronco Sport Rear camera shield or protector available aftermarket? CameraWasher
It depends on when it was built. Big bends built after May 10th have it standard. Was yours made earlier?

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
He obviously doesn't have it.
I don't think it's obvious he doesn't have it, we don't know what model or whether he is aware the sprayer exists. His profile shows a Badlands logo, and as far as I know he should have the sprayer.

Last edited:

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I don't think it's obvious he doesn't have it, we don't know what model or whether he is aware the sprayer exists. His profile shows a Badlands logo, and as far as I know he should have the sprayer.
Even if that was the case he didn't ask if there is a way to clean the lens. He asked for a way to protect it, i.e. screen protector for the camera.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Even if that was the case he didn't ask if there is a way to clean the lens. He asked for a way to protect it, i.e. screen protector for the camera.
I'll let the OP chime back in to clarify what he is asking.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Is there an after market shield or protector for the rear camera. Just trying to protect it from dirt and rain.
I'm not aware of any kind of mechanical protector, but if you wipe a bit of RainX on the lens it really helps keep it clear of water.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I could swear I saw someone selling a small shield (like a contact lens) that was hydrophobic and designed to protect a backup camera lens ... but danged if I can find it now.

If the desired goal is to minimize dirt and rain, an application of Clarifii might do the trick.

SRoemmele

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`21 Bronco Sport, `19 Edge ST, `20 Mustang HPP2
I guess I’m low-tech :( I just wipe mine with my thumb when opening the hatch.
I've had a Edge ST for 3 years - I always just wipe my thumb across the camera whenever I walked past it. Than we got a `21 BS OB, and saw it has this feature. So I tried it on the Edge ST - and it worked!!! Now I feel lame for not knowing this for nearly 3 years!

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I've had a Edge ST for 3 years - I always just wipe my thumb across the camera whenever I walked past it. Than we got a `21 BS OB, and saw it has this feature. So I tried it on the Edge ST - and it worked!!! Now I feel lame for not knowing this for nearly 3 years!
Yeah, I had no idea this was a feature on my Edge ST either.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I think my problem is I never use the rear wiper. I grew up in the 70’s driving a van with curtains in the back windows so I learned early on to use the side mirrors. Now I have a Sprinter with a full shade in the rear window because it’s a bedroom. With the addition of the rear camera I really don’t use the rear view mirror in my BS so I don’t care if the rear window is clear.
Sponsored