Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Now check it the old fashion way, over several tanks, miles divided by gallons to the tenth will show you about 24 mpg,,, at's what I keep getting :,P
But my 26.1 all around makes me feel better when I look at the display so I go with that !

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I drive my OB in normal mode. I have used slippery on occasion. Mostly 2 lane. 1300 miles. I get between 31.1 and 32.9. Consistantly. Doing the math, I'm still in that range. I'm happy.

Reactions: Wyo

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
I drive my OB in normal mode. I have used slippery on occasion. Mostly 2 lane. 1300 miles. I get between 31.1 and 32.9. Consistantly. Doing the math, I'm still in that range. I'm happy.
That is way over it’s mpg rating....wow

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
That seems high to me, though possible as there are a lot of variables to consider; driving style, temp., tires, terrain, etc.. I have about 2000 miles on my OB now. Varying results mainly due to varying temps here in WI. @ 5F was getting about 25 mpg. @ 30F was 27 mpg.

Couple of caveats:
1. This is not the dash, but calculated by miles and gallons added. Dash consistently showed 2-3 mpg more.
2. Driving was a 50/50 mix between highway and city. Mostly flatter WI roadways.

I plan on tracking more often next few months. Curious how much better it gets as warmer temps (hopefully) reach Wisconsin. Coming from a FWD CX-5 which got 29-32 mpg, with everything extra I now have, still happy.

Mountain Goat

Badlands
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Escape, 1975 Bronco, 1963 Galaxie 500
That was on flat roads, what about climbing hills and mountains? I'll be curious to see what we get when we have ours, we live in the Colorado mountains.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Surprised me. That's why I did my own math. Most of the driving was from northern Virginia to the Laurel Highlands in Pennsylvania. Back roads. According to my husband, I'm a crappy driver. ?‍♀

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was on flat roads, what about climbing hills and mountains? I'll be curious to see what we get when we have ours, we live in the Colorado mountains.
Pretty hilly where I did a lot of driving, but nothing like Colorado.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
That is way over it’s mpg rating....wow
They were in eco mode as well which I suspect isn’t how the EPA test is done. Curious what the tires were inflated to as well. Impressive nonetheless

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
My 2500 mile average is also 26 mpg for my BL with the optional tires and it's gradually been improving. Got a couple recent 30 mpg trips with 27-28 common now. Mostly (90-95%) normal mode with a little eco near the end of my trips if I'm close to 30 mpg. I do manual calculations for each tank. My trip computer is usually with 0.2 mpg either way. Typical ecoboost. If you drive it hard, it gets a lot worse. I've just been impressed I can go on off road trips and come back averaging 26, 27, 28 even up to 30! Love this machine!!

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
That seems high to me, though possible as there are a lot of variables to consider; driving style, temp., tires, terrain, etc.. I have about 2000 miles on my OB now. Varying results mainly due to varying temps here in WI. @ 5F was getting about 25 mpg. @ 30F was 27 mpg.

Couple of caveats:
1. This is not the dash, but calculated by miles and gallons added. Dash consistently showed 2-3 mpg more.
2. Driving was a 50/50 mix between highway and city. Mostly flatter WI roadways.

I plan on tracking more often next few months. Curious how much better it gets as warmer temps (hopefully) reach Wisconsin. Coming from a FWD CX-5 which got 29-32 mpg, with everything extra I now have, still happy.
Wow, I have 1800 miles on my OB, and my dash mileage has never gotten over 21.9. Briefly went to 22, but went back.
I did put 235/65/ 18’s on it and they are slightly bigger, but wouldn’t think it would make that big of a differenc.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wow, I have 1800 miles on my OB, and my dash mileage has never gotten over 21.9. Briefly went to 22, but went back.
I did put 235/65/ 18’s on it and they are slightly bigger, but wouldn’t think it would make that big of a differenc.
You will be a small percentage under on the speedo/OD, those are definitely taller-than-standard tires.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My first tank on OuterBanks shows just now 25mpg on screen and I have about 50 miles left in tank. This sucks my 550HP Ford Focus RS lifted 3" with A/T tires got 25MPG all day long without even trying to get good mileage in normal mode. Hoping a tune will improve this or I am swapping an RS drivetrain in.
Try Normal or Eco mode?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My 2500 mile average is also 26 mpg for my BL with the optional tires and it's gradually been improving. Got a couple recent 30 mpg trips with 27-28 common now. Mostly (90-95%) normal mode with a little eco near the end of my trips if I'm close to 30 mpg. I do manual calculations for each tank. My trip computer is usually with 0.2 mpg either way. Typical ecoboost. If you drive it hard, it gets a lot worse. I've just been impressed I can go on off road trips and come back averaging 26, 27, 28 even up to 30! Love this machine!!
Any of these little engines with small turbos will eat a lot of gas with a heavy accelerator foot -- they are NOT efficient at high RPMs or when mashing the accelerator, when in both cases they are running rich, intentionally at the upper end to cool the cylinders. The design generally allows for great cruising efficiency at mid-range RPMs. (These small turbos also create great low-to-mid-range torque that we enjoy.) We lose a bit of that efficiency in the Sport with the "aerodynamic" body (LOL), the always-spinning 4WD system and that bit of extra weight.
Sponsored

Reactions: Wyo