Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello All,

I post this as a response to the many concerns and widely discussed observations regarding a specific noise, which me and many others drove nuts. Since its impossible to respond to all individually I hope that this one will find all those with that specific issue.

Here is a number of descriptions based on personal observations, but also from other posts:

Whirring, rattling noise – going down in pitch with decelerating rpm – only for a couple of seconds before rpm reaches idle - driver side, in front of driver, steering column area or further forward – only at low rpm, only when decelerating / releasing the gas pedal – parking lot speed or when parking / in neutral

So - not various complaints reg. noises from brakes, exhaust, rear or passenger side, transmission, etc. …

I went to see my dealership, expecting to be subbed off, especially since the noise is not always reproduceable. But a very knowledgeable, licensed mechanic (not all are) witnessed it himself, checked it and diagnosed:

“ssm 50743 for replacing the manual parking brake, release cable failing internally, causing a rattling noise”.

The part is on order but I already noticed the noise being almost gone due to him just checking it / maybe tightening the cable / doing something. It’s already so much better that I would have probably never complaint in the first place.

But since there is no cost I have them put in the new part anyways, but will mention to pay attention to proper tension since the problem wasn’t existing right from the start and the cable might have loosened after a few months of driving.

Please keep in mind that I’m not a mechanic and just share my experiences and guesses, hoping that others can solve that problem as well. Please feel free to confirm if this worked for you - or not … or other causes and solutions.

I will update this post as soon as the new part is installed

Cheers
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
OK ... the part arrived and they put it in.
Yep - all noises gone ... happy camper!
I was expecting at first to be labeled nuts or imagining things. But the dealership service guys
took it serious, confirmed the noise (closely described in initial threat) ... and fixed it.
I hope this post will help others with the same issue, as there seem to be quite a few. Would like to attach more tags (if I put any at all ??) but don't see any option to do so.

Cheers
Sponsored