Rat/mouse problem

Chad2008

Big Bend
First Name
Chad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
First off should a rat/mouse be able to get into the car? I feel like it’s a manufacturing defect that should be covered they are destroying my beautiful new Bronco what should I do??
Advertisement

Leenaya

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
First off should a rat/mouse be able to get into the car? I feel like it’s a manufacturing defect that should be covered they are destroying my beautiful new Bronco what should I do??
They are sneaky and can squeeze into very small gaps. He or she is only looking for a home away from the cold. If you park outside your more at risk. Was an article awhile back about a squirrel that filled an engine bay with walnuts. Its just what rodents do.

From what I heard they leave when the car moves so driving should chase it out for a small time. If you don't have pets or kids you can leave bait traps and hope it dies outside the sport. Keeping it out entirely is almost impossible.

Be sure to check your important parts for damage as they like to chew on things. Could also get a dozen cats and be the crazy bronco cat guy or gal or other non binary individual.

JerryC

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
There are sprays and oils that will supposedly keep them away. I have no experience with them.

I have used moth balls to drive rats out of my shed.

Reactions: Jrl

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
unfortunately those little suckers can pretty much find a way into anything. If they can find a space that their skull fits through, they are coming in. I fight a constant war with them at work and I'm usually losing.

if you are inside a garage, i would put traps around. There are also those ultra sonic mouse repellent things but I have no idea if they work or just snake oil.

Really a crummy issue to deal with, sorry to hear it 😣

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CRV AWD EXL, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I keep spring loaded mouse traps from hardware store in my garage with fresh peanut butter on them. Have got a couple over the years. I also have cats that like to do all night outside patrols which works pretty good too...

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
unfortunately those little suckers can pretty much find a way into anything. If they can find a space that their skull fits through, they are coming in. I fight a constant war with them at work and I'm usually losing.

if you are inside a garage, i would put traps around. There are also those ultra sonic mouse repellent things but I have no idea if they work or just snake oil.

Really a crummy issue to deal with, sorry to hear it 😣
The ultrasonic repellents work great for mice. Spiders, not so much.

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
It must be a Ford thing. I have caught 26 mice using spring traps in the cab of my 2013 F150 which is parked outside.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It must be a Ford thing. I have caught 26 mice using spring traps in the cab of my 2013 F150 which is parked outside.
I had them in my toyota once too, but it was parked for a week at a trailhead while I was backpacking. I think they'll find a way into any vehicle if they want to. Interesting tip about the mint oil, I'll have to remember that.

Advertisement

Advertisement