Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hi everyone,
I just purchased an outer banks BS and I had an odd question. I am a volunteer firefighter and typically respond to my fire department in my vehicle. I have some visor lights that I use when responding to emergencies and I was wondering if they'll fit. Can someone give me the distance between the A Post and the rearview camera? or the box behind it if applicable? Additionally does the BS have a dark bluish line on the upper part of the windshield meant to dim the sun?
thank you!
Sponsored

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
No "visor strip" in the windshield of a Big Bend - I wouldn't think they did a tint strip on only some trims.

The distance in between the A-pillar and the rearview mirror/assist camera "dome" on the windshield is 19" - give or take half an inch depending on how far down you want the lights to hang from the headliner due to the radius of the windshield and A-pillar.

I would assume a standard dual-light pod on each side of the windshield would work just fine - with maybe a 4-light pod in the rear glass for rear warning.

OP
OP
JackisDunn

JackisDunn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
No "visor strip" in the windshield of a Big Bend - I wouldn't think they did a tint strip on only some trims.

The distance in between the A-pillar and the rearview mirror/assist camera "dome" on the windshield is 19" - give or take half an inch depending on how far down you want the lights to hang from the headliner due to the radius of the windshield and A-pillar.

I would assume a standard dual-light pod on each side of the windshield would work just fine - with maybe a 4-light pod in the rear glass for rear warning.
Okay good. Both my visor lights are 18 inches long so this is good news. Thank you!
Sponsored