Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
If you have to go back to the dealership I’m curious if it was the ACM, APIM. Some uses those terms interchangeably.

ACM - Audio Control Module
APIM - Accessory Protocol Interface Module aka SYNC computer
I just checked my OBX. It seems to do the same thing. If I connect to my home network, is it necessary to reconnect it the next time I want to connect. I never paid attention before, but now I realize both cars are doing the same thing. I connect to Wi Fi and the next time I check I have to re-connect. Is this the norm. If so my wife's Ecosport appears to be fixed. Does the Wi Fi password have to be entered every time to connect or is the vehicle supposed to remember it?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just checked my OBX. It seems to do the same thing. If I connect to my home network, is it necessary to reconnect it the next time I want to connect. I never paid attention before, but now I realize both cars are doing the same thing. I connect to Wi Fi and the next time I check I have to re-connect. Is this the norm. If so my wife's Ecosport appears to be fixed. Does the Wi Fi password have to be entered every time to connect or is the vehicle supposed to remember it?
WiFi password has to be entered once. (Unless perhaps a master reset is done (not just the SYNC Reset) although I did a master reset before and did not have to reenter the WiFi password but I did have to pair my phone again for Bluetooth).

since it happens with your two Ford vehicles maybe has to do with your home network setup that it forgets your vehicles for whatever reason.. that’s odd if so although you did say your wife’s car is fixed now.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wi-Fi password has to be entered once. (Unless perhaps a master reset is done (not just the SYNC Reset) although I did a master reset before and did not have to reenter the Wi-Fi password but I did have to pair my phone again for Bluetooth).

since it happens with your two Ford vehicles maybe has to do with your home network setup that it forgets your vehicles for whatever reason. that’s odd if so although you did say your wife’s car is fixed now.

So far so good. It seems to be OK. Only problem seems to be that Wi Fi. I enter the password for my network, and it connects. Next time I try it, I have to enter the password again. This is only on my wife's Ecosport. My OBX is working correctly now. The Ecosport just had the ACM replaced. Everything (including phone) works correctly now, except Wi-Fi connectivity. I'll play with it. It may be my error. If necessary I'll try a reset.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My OBX is working correctly. Operator error. The Eurosport still seems wrong. I enter a password and connect to my network. I try it the next day and have to enter a password again. I'll play with it this weekend. It may just be doing something wrong.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are the final results. On my OBX I go to the WI FI screen. I get the list of available networks. I click on my network and the OBX connects to it. All is good.
With the wife's Ecosport I go to the Wi Fi screen. It lists the networks. I click on my network, and I have to enter the password. Then it connects. It won't remember the password for some reason. Everything else is working OK so far. I can live with it the way it is. Both sync systems are updated, so I'm happy. Now if the MY Ford site would acknowledge that they are updated, I would be happy.
Bottom line, I guess the Ecosport had a bad ACM.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Here are the final results. On my OBX I go to the WI FI screen. I get the list of available networks. I click on my network and the OBX connects to it. All is good.
With the wife's Ecosport I go to the Wi Fi screen. It lists the networks. I click on my network, and I have to enter the password. Then it connects. It won't remember the password for some reason. Everything else is working OK so far. I can live with it the way it is. Both sync systems are updated, so I'm happy. Now if the MY Ford site would acknowledge that they are updated, I would be happy.
Bottom line, I guess the Ecosport had a bad ACM.
One last thing you could try is assign an IP address for the Ecosport(MAC Address) in your wifi router. The MAC address should be listed in the Sync Wifi settings.
Sponsored