seanasmith41

Heritage
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hello all new to the forum and BS ownership. Been reading quite a bit on wheels and tires on here. Can anyone tell me what the ride is like with a 1.5” HRG lift and 245 65 R17 ko2’s? Also, what is the impact on gas mileage for this set up with the 1.5 motor?

thanks in advance for your information.
Sponsored

Jocker

Base
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello all new to the forum and BS ownership. Been reading quite a bit on wheels and tires on here. Can anyone tell me what the ride is like with a 1.5” HRG lift and 245 65 R17 ko2’s? Also, what is the impact on gas mileage for this set up with the 1.5 motor?

Personally, I have been watching many of the lift kits available and I am sure as of now many issues may have been resolved since initial releases. That being said, I am 100% sold on Flat Out Suspensions kits when I decide to make the purchase for any suspension upgrades/lifts I will be heading in their direction. Just realized that I didn't answer your question at all seeing as how I don't have an answer for you but just wanted to make you aware of Flat Out Suspensions as I am now a fanboy and wanted to provide you with insights to make your decisions. :)

-- Have a Great Day --

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@seanasmith41 another BS forum member went with the BFG Trail Terrain T/A because of concern for weight and ride quality. He got the rugged look without the rough ride. Something to consider.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've had the hrg lift for almost a year and are very happy with the ride. The big tires and heavier rims do impact mpg. I put my stock wheels with the 225s on for about two months and picked up about 2 mpg compared to my bigger wheels and tires. The heavy tires also effect acceleration noticably. Saying that I'm leaving mine the way it is. Some day I may spring for some real lightweight wheels since I'm not hard wheeling.

OP
OP
seanasmith41

seanasmith41

Heritage
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Personally, I have been watching many of the lift kits available and I am sure as of now many issues may have been resolved since initial releases. That being said, I am 100% sold on Flat Out Suspensions kits when I decide to make the purchase for any suspension upgrades/lifts I will be heading in their direction. Just realized that I didn't answer your question at all seeing as how I don't have an answer for you but just wanted to make you aware of Flat Out Suspensions as I am now a fanboy and wanted to provide you with insights to make your decisions. :)

-- Have a Great Day --
Thanks for the information. Something to consider.

OP
OP
seanasmith41

seanasmith41

Heritage
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I've had the hrg lift for almost a year and are very happy with the ride. The big tires and heavier rims do impact mpg. I put my stock wheels with the 225s on for about two months and picked up about 2 mpg compared to my bigger wheels and tires. The heavy tires also effect acceleration noticably. Saying that I'm leaving mine the way it is. Some day I may spring for some real lightweight wheels since I'm not hard wheeling.
Do you have any pictures of your BS?

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Here it is last weekend sitting on the bluff for the top speed races at Desert Storm

Ford Bronco Sport Questions on 1.5” HRG lift and 245 65 R17 ko2’s PXL_20230422_192631871

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
@seanasmith41 another BS forum member went with the BFG Trail Terrain T/A because of concern for weight and ride quality. He got the rugged look without the rough ride. Something to consider.
I'll be ordering a 23 model BL soon and I'm considering this tire. I have 245/65/17 KO2s now and overall I'm satisfied. They are great offroad, but I think I might like a little better ride and handling on the street. Attached a photo so OP can see the look. No lift on the BL.

Ford Bronco Sport Questions on 1.5” HRG lift and 245 65 R17 ko2’s 52508783624_eebca57d96_o

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
I'll be ordering a 23 model BL soon and I'm considering this tire. I have 245/65/17 KO2s now and overall I'm satisfied. They are great offroad, but I think I might like a little better ride and handling on the street. Attached a photo so OP can see the look. No lift on the BL.

Ford Bronco Sport Questions on 1.5” HRG lift and 245 65 R17 ko2’s 52508783624_eebca57d96_o

Awesome photo!

If we can help in anyway when the time comes, please don't hesitate to shoot us a DM.

Last edited:

slenz

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I've had my HRG lift and k02s since February now. I haven't noticed any considerable dropoff in handling, either has the wife lol. Mileage took a 1-2mpg hit, but I contribute some of that to the rhino rack too. But it has been a blast to soft/off-road with! Go for it!
Ford Bronco Sport Questions on 1.5” HRG lift and 245 65 R17 ko2’s PXL_20230423_170217143

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Bronclahoma thank you for your support. We are glad the team in Norman, Ok have gotten you taken care of in the past. We know they will continue to do so as well.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks

I put 255 55 R18 on our Outer Banks. Ride is fine and no appreciable change in fuel economy. I have Rough Country 1.5" lift and no problems with over 22,000 miles now. There is a slight tire noise but nothing distracting. We use it for dirt roads, soft field and on sand. The tire I chose was the General Grabber UHP. Tires and Bronco have performed well.
Sponsored