question: do i have to order a bronco sport online first?

GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
do i have to order it on ford's website and then go into the dealer later to place the final order.?

i believe he said i had to "reserve" it online then go in.

i want a BS not the full size bigger bronco.

thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
nevermind! he just emailed me back and said he was talking about the full size.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I hope he also said he cant order one until the end of the month. If he can then I missed an announcement somewhere as it shouldn't be possible until the 30th.

Until ford has the 2022 build and price feature up for the sport I would hold off making an order anyway. Never know what awesome new features you might miss out on, and or cool color choice.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Straight truth depending on what you want/need, go to shop.ford.com and see what inventory is available around you. Might be the faster path. I'm in a hotbed, there are hundreds of sports on lots within a 100M radius for perspective. And check often, they are rolling in daily

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
I should be in your area.
Within 300 miles ( Spokane - Boise - Tri Cities ) more than a million population, I find three Badlands listed - all in transit.
My local dealer has not had a Bronco Sport in over three months, has two listed "In Transit" neither is a Badlands

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I hope he also said he cant order one until the end of the month. If he can then I missed an announcement somewhere as it shouldn't be possible until the 30th.

Until ford has the 2022 build and price feature up for the sport I would hold off making an order anyway. Never know what awesome new features you might miss out on, and or cool color choice.
Don't expect the B&P to up by 8/30. I'm ordering a Badlands on 8/30, so I will get the changes to the 2022 model year from the dealer. The 2022 Explorer oder banks opened on 7/30 and still no B&P. However you can see the order guide before the B&P will ever show up. Check here: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/files/categories/

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Don't expect the B&P to up by 8/30. I'm ordering a Badlands on 8/30, so I will get the changes to the 2022 model year from the dealer. The 2022 Explorer oder banks opened on 7/30 and still no B&P. However you can see the order guide before the B&P will ever show up. Check here: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/files/categories/
I guess that might be a good thing. The unwashed masses not clawing at the walls of their padded rooms watching for bronco sport news might not know to order as soon as the dealer opens on the 30th. A nice dealer might put in orders they receive for production in the order they got them. Could get a badlands in the first wave rather than 2024.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess that might be a good thing. The unwashed masses not clawing at the walls of their padded rooms watching for bronco sport news might not know to order as soon as the dealer opens on the 30th. A nice dealer might put in orders they receive for production in the order they got them. Could get a badlands in the first wave rather than 2024.
According to Ford, all customer orders will be prioritized over dealer stock orders regardless of model. It doesn't matter when you place your order, it will go to the top of the list before dealer orders. The only ones you will be competing against are fellow customer orders.

OP
OP

GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
ugh. wait for 2022 models?! yeah i hear you, tweaks and changes could be in the new model. but i don't want ot wait until january + :) i'll do a search, didn't think of that, to see if anything comes up within a radius.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Supply chain issues causing production delays are not going to magically disappear when 2022 production starts. If you are not too picky about colors/options and can find one either in transit or on a dealer lot it will be lot less pain. If you see anything you like get the VIN and Order Number, put in the Tracker, and make sure it has been built and shipped. A lot of listed sports on dealer web sites either have not been built or have been built missing chips sitting forever. So make sure you check the Tracker status before moving forward with any units you find. Good luck.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ugh. wait for 2022 models?! yeah i hear you, tweaks and changes could be in the new model. but i don't want ot wait until january + :) i'll do a search, didn't think of that, to see if anything comes up within a radius.
Try Here. You can put in your zip and search nationwide. https://www.cars.com/shopping/results/?_utf8=✓&home_delivery=&list_price_max=&list_price_min=&makes[]=ford&maximum_distance=&mileage_max=&models[]=ford-bronco_sport&stock_type=new&virtual_appointments=&year_max=&year_min=&zip=85263

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beware of dealers showing vehicles in stock. Remember that a green window sticker is a customer order and not for sale. Only vehicles with blue window stickers are dealer stock.

OP
OP

GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
Beware of dealers showing vehicles in stock. Remember that a green window sticker is a customer order and not for sale. Only vehicles with blue window stickers are dealer stock.
never knew that!

well i go to the dealer tomorrow. will also have him do a locate. but, i kind of want to get my color choice. only other thing i want are the 235 tires. thought about the steel wheels too but idk. trying to keep cost at a minimum ha.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
never knew that!

well i go to the dealer tomorrow. will also have him do a locate. but, i kind of want to get my color choice. only other thing i want are the 235 tires. thought about the steel wheels too but idk. trying to keep cost at a minimum ha.
and the rate things are going...even a 'green' sticker can turn blue if the buyer backs out. Call all the dealers in your available/worth it area and put the word out. The ones who want your business will help you as much as they can. It's likely your fastest approach. Personally...You can always add steelies later as well as 235-245 tires. Area 51 was my priority. I wanted 235 tires, I wanted tow package. I got lucky and a dealer found mine. It's been a year unlike any other to say the least.

100 mile radius I have 100+ available on lots. Three badlands within 30 miles, a first edition, and several outer banks in any color you want...they are available, just have to dig. The work creates the reward.

OP
OP

GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
went to the dealer. he pulled up the computer and found that no new orders for badlands model are being accepted. maybe a month from now or maybe two months. other models can be ordered though.
Sponsored