Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black?

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I never understood why White was used exclusively outside of the First Edition. White on "almost" every other available color looks stupid, at least in my humble opinion. Should've been an option on the lettering.
This!

Then you think the First Edition was 'special' enough to have black letters yet they also threw it on the Base model ...
Sponsored

Grey Ghost

Badlands
First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
I have a curious question regarding the tailgate letters on the Bronco Sport. I know that most if not all the trims come with white letters from the factory. However, is there an option getting them in black? I recall seeing a First Edition with black letters instead. I ask because my dad and I ordered a Bronco Sport Outer Banks. We originally ordered it in Area 51 but just switched it to Oxford White. The problem is the tailgate letters are still white. So it's gonna be white on white which is very hard to see. I don't know why they wouldn't immediately switch to black letters on the white painted Bronco Sports to begin with. I guess it would add complexity on the assembly line? If it's not possible, are there wraps or inserts to put over them instead?
I just purchased these off of eBay for $70.00 front and rear.They have all colors available

Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? 5F36DE2E-9081-45C6-A069-EECAAD0C5FD6_4_5005_c

Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? 3CEC6291-DD3F-4D50-B92F-2533122F0F0B_4_5005_c

Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? 7BDF15D3-D933-4FB1-8849-CEC1E03A22AA_4_5005_c

Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? 78FDD34A-A579-402F-B463-E5DDB793E824_4_5005_c

Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? 31DB2437-D01F-46DE-8B12-278245D63B44_4_5005_c

Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? 47887293-BD92-48F0-A9DF-1209FA89EBFE_4_5005_c

steve bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sportrack
I have a curious question regarding the tailgate letters on the Bronco Sport. I know that most if not all the trims come with white letters from the factory. However, is there an option getting them in black? I recall seeing a First Edition with black letters instead. I ask because my dad and I ordered a Bronco Sport Outer Banks. We originally ordered it in Area 51 but just switched it to Oxford White. The problem is the tailgate letters are still white. So it's gonna be white on white which is very hard to see. I don't know why they wouldn't immediately switch to black letters on the white painted Bronco Sports to begin with. I guess it would add complexity on the assembly line? If it's not possible, are there wraps or inserts to put over them instead?
go to accessories.ford.com scroll down to exterior, type in bronco lettering , they have what you want in just about any color you want.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
go to accessories.ford.com scroll down to exterior, type in bronco lettering , they have what you want in just about any color you want.
I believe those are just coloured decals. They cover the majority of the letter facing and leave a white edge. This person is looking for the black factory letters. Which I assume you can buy. Easy enough to put on the rear as the lettering is just taped on. The grille is a completely different bag of chips. Not for the faint of heart to replace.

steve bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sportrack
I believe those are just coloured decals. They cover the majority of the letter facing and leave a white edge. This person is looking for the black factory letters. Which I assume you can buy. Easy enough to put on the rear as the lettering is just taped on. The grille is a completely different bag of chips. Not for the faint of heart to replace.
The way i read description is that they fit over the existing letters and stick on with 3m automotive grade adhesive and they are not decals. there is no white showing, it is covered completely.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
The way i read description is that they fit over the existing letters and stick on with 3m automotive grade adhesive and they are not decals. there is no white showing, it is covered completely.
Yes I agree it does read that way and the photo for the rear, appears to confirm your thought. The photo for the Bronco on the grille seems to support me.

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
if you have a vinyl cutter or know someone who does...I can send the pattern for a flag design for free. It would just cost the cheap price of vinyl
Any chance that offer for the vinly letter pattern is still available? Is it a flag cut, or the whole letters in the template?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Black vinyl overlays on Cactus Gray for me!
Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? 100_6784.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? 100_6789.JPG

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Any chance that offer for the vinly letter pattern is still available? Is it a flag cut, or the whole letters in the template?
Shoot me a message with an email and I'll dig it up. It uses the white letters as the background and blue and red vinyl as the flag. Each section is separate but very straight forward to apply if you know the basics of adhering stickers.
Sponsored