Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black?

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a curious question regarding the tailgate letters on the Bronco Sport. I know that most if not all the trims come with white letters from the factory. However, is there an option getting them in black? I recall seeing a First Edition with black letters instead. I ask because my dad and I ordered a Bronco Sport Outer Banks. We originally ordered it in Area 51 but just switched it to Oxford White. The problem is the tailgate letters are still white. So it's gonna be white on white which is very hard to see. I don't know why they wouldn't immediately switch to black letters on the white painted Bronco Sports to begin with. I guess it would add complexity on the assembly line? If it's not possible, are there wraps or inserts to put over them instead?
Sponsored

BroncoBrian

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
We have an Oxford white big bend and put the matte black ones from above. Looks great!

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I have a curious question regarding the tailgate letters on the Bronco Sport. I know that most if not all the trims come with white letters from the factory. However, is there an option getting them in black? I recall seeing a First Edition with black letters instead. I ask because my dad and I ordered a Bronco Sport Outer Banks. We originally ordered it in Area 51 but just switched it to Oxford White. The problem is the tailgate letters are still white. So it's gonna be white on white which is very hard to see. I don't know why they wouldn't immediately switch to black letters on the white painted Bronco Sports to begin with. I guess it would add complexity on the assembly line? If it's not possible, are there wraps or inserts to put over them instead?
I remember seeing a post about using plasti-dip spray on the letters. 3-4 light sprays from different angles, then peel off the un-needed overspray. A lot of masking off to protect the entire back end of the car.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
A lot of options. You can use plastidip, paint them any color they sell. You can remove them and order the black ones from Ford. You can remove them and leave the gate clean which isn't a bad look. Of you have a vinyl cutter or know someone who does I have a template for a flag pattern as the white looked kinda plain on area 51.
We got vinyl overlays (front and back, any color) from etsy.

Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? DSCN7051.JPG
And if you have a vinyl cutter or know someone who does...I can send the pattern for a flag design for free. It would just cost the cheap price of vinyl
Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? PXL_20210617_192809128

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
A lot of options. You can use plastidip, paint them any color they sell. You can remove them and order the black ones from Ford. You can remove them and leave the gate clean which isn't a bad look. Of you have a vinyl cutter or know someone who does I have a template for a flag pattern as the white looked kinda plain on area 51.
And if you have a vinyl cutter or know someone who does...I can send the pattern for a flag design for free. It would just cost the cheap price of vinyl
Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? PXL_20210617_192809128
It's been a long hot day
might have bit off more than could chew today
looks at pic
marvels at antenna design
wonders why this hasn't been seen before
moments pass
realizes it the rear wiper
think I'll go dunk my head in a pail of ice water
:D

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It's been a long hot day
might have bit off more than could chew today
looks at pic
marvels at antenna design
wonders why this hasn't been seen before
moments pass
realizes it the rear wiper
think I'll go dunk my head in a pail of ice water
:D
Ice water sounds good. Topped out in the mid 90s with similar humidity. Fun day in the weightroom

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
I plasti-dipped the rear ones on my KB Big Bend. Easy to do. Still holding up after a year of wear and car washes.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I plasti-dipped the rear ones on my KB Big Bend. Easy to do. Still holding up after a year of wear and car washes.
May I see how they look? I also have a KB and wondered if it would be too dark back there.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
May I see how they look? I also have a KB and wondered if it would be too dark back there.
Top was right after I did it. Bottom is just now (she needs a bath). I personally like the dark. I found the white too much of a contrast against the dark paint.

Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? FB_IMG_1661454083098
Ford Bronco Sport Question: Bronco Sport Tailgate Letters in Black? 20220825_150152

Mustangr71

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I remember seeing a post about using plasti-dip spray on the letters. 3-4 light sprays from different angles, then peel off the un-needed overspray. A lot of masking off to protect the entire back end of the car.
You shouldn't need a "lot" of masking off. A quick block around the letters with painter tape and newspapers took me about 5 minutes. You don't need to tape around each letter because the plasti-dip peels off in between them.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I never understood why White was used exclusively outside of the First Edition. White on "almost" every other available color looks stupid, at least in my humble opinion. Should've been an option on the lettering.
Sponsored