Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’m confused by the video. It is selling America more than a vehicle and that vehicle is from a German manufacturer. Confusing, but what do I know.

edit: @Mark S. your article is more recent than the one I read. Poor research on my part as I see several other articles confirming South Carolina. I deleted that part from my post.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The IH Scout has a cult following just like the EB. They are going down the same path as Ford. Let’s hope they can keep it on track. It’s only been 2.5 years plus for me and my build date keeps getting pushed every week so not there yet.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
That is so pretentious. I couldn't finish watching that video. It looks like those stock footage parodies on South park that went too long.
Oh well, it's another SUV for a country where 80% of the population is urban.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The IH Scout has a cult following just like the EB.
I had a two-door '68 Bronco with the straight-six, manual three-on-a-tree, and a friend had a Scout. I don't remember the details on his, but it went everywhere the Bronco did. He was much more fanatical about his car than I was about the Bronco. I enjoyed the Bronco, but it's purpose was getting around in the back country, so I didn't really car about what it looked like.

I think nostalgia as marketing is genius, but I would never own one of those older vehicles today. They were noisy, difficult to drive on the road, uncomfortable, and downright dangerous in any kind of accident.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
It will be interesting to see what kind of lifespan the current crop of retro-themed vehicles (Scout, Bronco and the Bronco Sport) end up having over time. Vehicles that relied heavily on nostalgia like the New Beetle, Chevy HHR, PT Cruiser and Thunderbird revival only remained popular for so long, and it seems like it's a lot harder to keep those types of designs fresh.

Cyber Sport

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Owned two Scouts back in the 90s, best SUVs I every owned. Wish I would have kept them.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be interesting to see what kind of lifespan the current crop of retro-themed vehicles (Scout, Bronco and the Bronco Sport) end up having over time. Vehicles that relied heavily on nostalgia like the New Beetle, Chevy HHR, PT Cruiser and Thunderbird revival only remained popular for so long, and it seems like it's a lot harder to keep those types of designs fresh.
Only time will tell. I think they have done a good job with the Mustang since the 2005 release. Going on almost 20 years although I still prefer the 2005 versions.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Owned two Scouts back in the 90s, best SUVs I every owned. Wish I would have kept them.
I'm surprised there was anything left of them by the 90's. They didn't seem to do well in the area that used salt. Although there is a late 60"s version by me that is in remarkable condition but they only use it to plow their driveway and spends most of it's time in the barn.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
Only time will tell. I think they have done a good job with the Mustang since the 2005 release. Going on almost 20 years although I still prefer the 2005 versions.
That's a good point. The Mustang hangs on and keeps on improving while holding on to a lot of retro cues. We owned a 2011 convertible for 12 years and loved it.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
And the Mustang and Challenger, of which I bought and sold. The Mustang will still continue although I hear it is getting a radical change. The Challenger? Gone after 2023.

And now I own a Bronco Sport. I guess I'm a glutton for nostalgia.
Sponsored