Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You could be waiting for the First Edition big brother! COVID sucks but somewhere along the line Ford has to take some blame. I am wondering how FORD is going to respond to the Seuz canal. I really don't think Ford was ready for this online order thing the tried with Bronco's.
Ya, I know. Already had delivery pushed back. ? COVID, commodities issues, winter freeze in Texas, and microchip shortages have all created a perfect storm of delays. Understand and accept it. i’ve had 5 delays to my build and 1 delay already for delivery. And I’m definitely not alone With the long wait. Ford must share some of the responsibility as they’ve pushed out a lot of newer orders for dealer stock and more recent orders with the same specs as my build. Early on Mike Levine, Director of Ford Communications, made a comment when questioned about BS FE missing a lot of advanced features available for “lesser” trims. He stated that the FE was missing some of the advanced tech so that FE orders could be delivered “early”. Sadly, he was mistaken.
Sponsored

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I have been tempted to just grab one off a lot but none have all the options I want. Besides, I know that if I grab one right now for driving I'll be kicking myself for years for not waiting for exactly what I want.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I have been tempted to just grab one off a lot but none have all the options I want. Besides, I know that if I grab one right now for driving I'll be kicking myself for years for not waiting for exactly what I want.
That's exactly what I've been thinking too and pretty much exactly the same thing that stops me. For instance my Borderlands + Borderlands package is not a cheap car, not to mention 1st year model concerns. Add compromise on trim and/or options and I might as well pass on it all together for a couple of years. Or I guess continue waiting, until my patience runs out.

Reactions: SLJ

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Wonder if big Bronco roof related delays are in any way related to Bronco Sport. Those have to do with black roof if I got the gist of it right. I ordered grey roof so don't know what to make of it though.

Ford Bronco roof woes will delay some deliveries until 2022 | Autoblog
We’re safe on this Bronco only problem. No relationship to Bronco Sport with integral roof. Bronco has 2 modular hard tops and a soft top. The painted removable hardtop has supplier related issues...

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. Thanks!

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Does anyone know where the big Bronco is being built? I don't think it's in Mexico like the Sport.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Just be glad the Ever Given was freed from the Suez canal today.
But still shortages of manufacturerd goods will remain in short supply for months to come.
I doubt Bronco Sport production will return to normal until late this year.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
With the material and chip shortages affecting production, do you think it would be safe to say that if your vehicle has been "Scheduled" that Ford has ample supply of parts to run through that timeframe?

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Dealer just told me my BB+BB was being scheduled today... unless I wanted to wait for the 360. They were told the chips for the 360 are the holdup.

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
Also heard the 360+ package was going up $100 today. I assume the chip shortage has caused pricing increase as well.

MC_TC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
BL order placed 3/13 just received production date of 5/24.

Edit: our production date was moved up to 5/17!
Sponsored

Last edited: