Problems placing Bronco Sport order starting 12/22?

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I tried to place an order with my dealer yesterday for a Badlands and he said there was an issue with the system that prevented him from adding any packages to trim levels (e.g., adding Badlands package to a Badlands trim build). He tried multiple times and couldn't get anywhere.

Just got off the phone with him today and it still won't allow him to configure my build in the ordering system. He called around and was advised to try entering the trim level and waiting 24 hours to add the package to the build. Seems weirds, but he's going to try it on a dummy build and let me know. Unfortunately, I won't get an answer until Monday since they'll be closed for the holidays.

Anyone else having ordering issues? Anyone know if there's a viable work around?

Ford, if you're listening - take my money!
Sponsored

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I tried to place an order with my dealer yesterday for a Badlands and he said there was an issue with the system that prevented him from adding any packages to trim levels (e.g., adding Badlands package to a Badlands trim build). He tried multiple times and couldn't get anywhere.

Just got off the phone with him today and it still won't allow him to configure my build in the ordering system. He called around and was advised to try entering the trim level and waiting 24 hours to add the package to the build. Seems weirds, but he's going to try it on a dummy build and let me know. Unfortunately, I won't get an answer until Monday since they'll be closed for the holidays.

Anyone else having ordering issues? Anyone know if there's a viable work around?

Ford, if you're listening - take my money!
Maybe it is because Ford was implementing a slight MSRP bump for the Bronco Sport effective today?

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/160-price-increase-for-bronco-sport-effective-december-23.1499/

Seems unlikely this would lock up their ordering system, but it's the only thing I could think of.

Nice avatar, btw ?

OP
OP
CDN Jen

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it is because Ford was implementing a slight MSRP bump for the Bronco Sport effective today?

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/160-price-increase-for-bronco-sport-effective-december-23.1499/

Seems unlikely this would lock up their ordering system, but it's the only thing I could think of.

Nice avatar, btw ?
Thanks! The cynical side of me thinks they throttled the system to prevent last minute orders prior to the $160 upcharge date. The generous side of me thinks they just need a more robust ordering system. Either way, I hope it gets resolved soon. My purse strings rarely stay open for long. Take my money while you can, Ford!

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
Thanks! The cynical side of me thinks they throttled the system to prevent last minute orders prior to the $160 upcharge date. The generous side of me thinks they just need a more robust ordering system. Either way, I hope it gets resolved soon. My purse strings rarely stay open for long. Take my money while you can, Ford!
I had to physically go to dealer and stand social distance of course , while I watched him type in my order to their system. It did take awhile for the system to update about 15 min but it went through and we received email confirming a Feb 22 production date Ordered outer banks Area 51+OB package +tow+co pilot

OP
OP
CDN Jen

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to physically go to dealer and stand social distance of course , while I watched him type in my order to their system. It did take awhile for the system to update about 15 min but it went through and we received email confirming a Feb 22 production date Ordered outer banks Area 51+OB package +tow+co pilot
Nice! Congrats on the early build date! Too late for me to go to the dealer today to try again. I'll have to wait til Monday. I never knew how much I wanted a Bronco Sport until I couldn't have one!

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
Nice! Congrats on the early build date! Too late for me to go to the dealer today to try again. I'll have to wait til Monday. I never knew how much I wanted a Bronco Sport until I couldn't have one!
My wife and I are at a disagreement as she ordered the OB but I like the BL with bigger engine and better looking leather ebony seats. Only city driving so not sure if 2.0 would just be overkill since OB has sport mode. Where you able to tests drive?

OP
OP
CDN Jen

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife and I are at a disagreement as she ordered the OB but I like the BL with bigger engine and better looking leather ebony seats. Only city driving so not sure if 2.0 would just be overkill since OB has sport mode. Where you able to tests drive?
I haven't asked about test drives (yet). I'm definitely getting a Badlands due to needing some off-road capability so no need to test drive prior to ordering, although I'll ask on Monday. I've heard they're fun to drive and wouldn't mind a preview.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
I haven't asked about test drives (yet). I'm definitely getting a Badlands due to needing some off-road capability so no need to test drive prior to ordering, although I'll ask on Monday. I've heard they're fun to drive and wouldn't mind a preview.
Thanks for the feedback. We do live in the mountains of Va but she only drives around town . Hopefully you can order soon.

OP
OP
CDN Jen

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got a call from my dealer rep saying they still can't get submit an order for the Bronco Sport. This is getting incredibly frustrating. It's been almost a week and apparently the issue still isn't fixed.

I find it hard to believe that a multi-billion dollar company would just shut down ordering (or not attend to bugs preventing ordering). What's going on?

Can any dealer reps chime in? Are you able to submit orders?

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Just got a call from my dealer rep saying they still can't get submit an order for the Bronco Sport. This is getting incredibly frustrating. It's been almost a week and apparently the issue still isn't fixed.

I find it hard to believe that a multi-billion dollar company would just shut down ordering (or not attend to bugs preventing ordering). What's going on?

Call another Ford dealership and see if they are having this problem. I'm guessing they're not. If so, order through them. Don't waste your time on a dealership with subpar service.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon

You should considering searching available inventory around you. It will undoubtedly be quicker at this point then ordering, granted you can find all the features you want.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

What dealership are you dealing with?

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Tom Holzer Ford
interesting, Holzer Ford, Novi, is also my dealership. I was going to suggest giving them a call. I’d been dealing with Mike Wegehaupt and Sean Reid, new car sales manager. They’ve been reasonably proactive. Unlike some other dealers, they’ve been decent at getting answers and tracking my order.

OP
OP
CDN Jen

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
interesting, Holzer Ford, Novi, is also my dealership. I was going to suggest giving them a call. I’d been dealing with Mike Wegehaupt and Sean Reid, new car sales manager. They’ve been reasonably proactive. Unlike some other dealers, they’ve been decent at getting answers and tracking my order.
I really like them and want to give them my business (I have a big Bronco reservation with them too). They've been great at communicating with me and very up front and friendly. I'll give it a few more days.
Sponsored