Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Needing a little help from you wonderful folks. I purchased my ordered Badlands from my dealer on October 24. The MSRP had gone up about 3k since I ordered in March. I walked into that situation armed with numerous documents outlining how price protection works and my original order sheet. I spent 7 hours at the dealership...7 hours...

The best the sales manager would do was a locked interest rate from when I ordered in March, my $1000 rebate, and a verbal promise to send me the price protection check when it arrives from Ford within 45 days. He claimed the check is tied to my VIN and is guaranteed to me.

I've checked with my salesman once a couple weeks ago to see of the check had arrived, which it hadn't. This week will be the 45 day mark. I plan on going in to speak to the Sales Manager and demand my check. Do I have any recourse if they deny me? Is there someone I can contact who regulates dealership activities with the state? Do I get a lawyer involved? Ford obviously lets their dealerships run rampant and rip folks off however they see fit, so I'm just trying to weigh my options. I'm glad I walked out with my Badlands, but I'm still feeling incredibly angry with the entire ordeal.
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
It was a real arm twister for me but they buckled. Sorry to hear you are still dealing with this. They didn’t give you anything with the interest rate, that is another thing you were entitled to. I got a 1.9% for 48 months through Ford Credit and I didn’t even have to fight for that. Price Protection was like something they had never even heard of and everyone on the forums is lying. Like what would be the incentive for someone to lie about Price Protection?

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They didn’t give you anything with the interest rate, that is another thing you were entitled to.
Oh no, I fought for that too. They originally quoted me 5.9% for 60 months and I laughed in their faces. Made sure to get 2.9% for 60.

No incentive for anyone here to lie about price protection. They know what is is, playing dumb is just a tactic to try and screw you over more. Mine did it too, then suddenly remembered what it was when I mentioned I wanted to see the Smart Vincent.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I don’t know if you have any recourse.

But you certainly is not along. I had to fight this as well. But it was a long hungry evening. We eventually agreed to take delivery and with price protection on the car’s base price but not the options, and the dealer gave me a note promising to return the amount difference.

this was late August and I got the check in late November. Case closed for me but I don’t know what that signed note could do anything if they don’t honor it.

it was very frustrating

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I would file a case with Ford. Doubt they will help but worth a try.

My dealer charged me $700 more because MSRP went up while waiting. Said he would submit to Ford never heard anything. But dealer did give me $500 off the higher MSRP along with the $500 rebate but I still paid $700 more then originally promised. So I was like ok you crooks you got me I'll sign hand the keys over. Overall I am ok with what I paid but greedy scum bag crooks broke their price promise, which I had in writing, so I'll never buy there ever again.

There are ppl over on bronco6g reporting they are getting those price protection checks back from Ford. But a lot of dealers keep the money and don't give to the buyer.

anniem

Badlands
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Needing a little help from you wonderful folks. I purchased my ordered Badlands from my dealer on October 24. The MSRP had gone up about 3k since I ordered in March. I walked into that situation armed with numerous documents outlining how price protection works and my original order sheet. I spent 7 hours at the dealership...7 hours...

The best the sales manager would do was a locked interest rate from when I ordered in March, my $1000 rebate, and a verbal promise to send me the price protection check when it arrives from Ford within 45 days. He claimed the check is tied to my VIN and is guaranteed to me.

I've checked with my salesman once a couple weeks ago to see of the check had arrived, which it hadn't. This week will be the 45 day mark. I plan on going in to speak to the Sales Manager and demand my check. Do I have any recourse if they deny me? Is there someone I can contact who regulates dealership activities with the state? Do I get a lawyer involved? Ford obviously lets their dealerships run rampant and rip folks off however they see fit, so I'm just trying to weigh my options. I'm glad I walked out with my Badlands, but I'm still feeling incredibly angry with the entire ordeal.
When I brought up the price protection at signing for my Badlands, my dealer told me that they would have to submit the information to Ford and if it was accepted, I would be receiving a check for the price difference. The salesman told me it could take 2 - 3 months for the decision. I signed for my Badlands on Friday, September 23rd. My dealer reached out to me on Tuesday, November 29th to let me know that the check had been received and would be able to pick it up that day, so all in all it was about 60 days for my price protection to come back. It helped that he told me it was 2-3 month process/waiting time frame.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
All, there is nothing they have to submit to Ford other than to prove you ordered it and you bought it. Any rebates and differences in price is in the Smart Vincent program and they know it. They are correct that either they deduct it at the time of sale or they send you the check when they get it from Ford which is supposed to be in 45 days but I've heard that it's been closer to 90 days. The problem with doing it later is you then had to pay taxes on the new amount and not the actual amount.

One of the benefits of dealing with Granger is no monkey business.

As far as what you can do Kris, maybe not much unless you have it in writing they will refund the difference once they get it from Ford. I don't think Ford will help based on posts in the 6G forum.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I don't think Ford will help based on posts in the 6G forum.
Yeah I think if dealer wants to be a greedy scum bag rip off Ford lets them do it with no consequences.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
When my Bronco Sport finally came in I used an x-plan and to do that they had to go off the new price which was a few thousand higher. So they figured out what I owed with the x-plan and then promised I'd get a check once they sent the paperwork in to Ford and Ford figured the price protection price with the x-plan. They warned me it would take a long time and it did, but I finally received a check for more than I had estimated. I'm fortunate that my local dealer is as honest as can be when it comes to these kinds of things.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really do appreciate all of your responses. The general consensus seems to be that the check can take 2-3 months, so I'll give them a little more time to be honest before I storm into the dealership. Wouldn't know where I'd be without all the good info from this forum.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An update to this thread: Horne Freedom Ford in Arizona is an honest dealer. It sucks I had to pay the increased MSRP, but at least it's over with. This arrived for me today:

Ford Bronco Sport Price Protection Dealer Shenanigans 20230102_151844

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yes, they should have given you the original price as they knew Ford would pay them the difference. Glad you got the check anyways despite having to pay taxes on the higher amount.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
A lot of dealer crooks pocket that cash and don't give it back to the buyer

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Glad it worked out. Out of curiosity, did you have the price protection in writing, or a contract stating the price signed by you and the dealership? I suppose I watch too many TV court shows, but they always preach "get it in writing".

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad it worked out. Out of curiosity, did you have the price protection in writing, or a contract stating the price signed by you and the dealership? I suppose I watch too many TV court shows, but they always preach "get it in writing".
Had my signed order sheet in writing with the price on the bottom. They stated it was protected via the signed order sheet before changing their minds when the order actually arrived. At least the difference check really came.
Sponsored