OP
OP

bgomez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Have not had any lag or hesitation issues with my Badlands. When you really get on it, it has torque steer and will go where it wants, that gets your attention quick.
I had the torque steer as well but that is an issue with a lot of front wheel drive cars which is expected. The problem is torque steer combined with the power delay. You go to accelerate and nothing happens for a few seconds and then bam! all the power at once which leads to the torque steer if you are accelerating into a turn.
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You are correct, hesitation, then sudden power plus torque steer is definitely an unsafe combination. Fortunately I have not experienced power delay whether in normal or eco modes.
Have you tried to recalibrate the throttle/gas pedal, doesn't cost anything, only takes a few minutes of your time.

OP
OP

bgomez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You are correct, hesitation, then sudden power plus torque steer is definitely an unsafe combination. Fortunately I have not experienced power delay whether in normal or eco modes.
Have you tried to recalibrate the throttle/gas pedal, doesn't cost anything, only takes a few minutes of your time.
I am planning on it thanks for the advice. I am taking it to Ford tomorrow morning so thought i would let them figure it out first and if they cannot replicate the issue then I would try recalibrating myself. Wish me luck -_-.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I had a few experiences with this issue. First is when the car was new, cold in the morning, eco ON, and pre-collision assist set to highest setting. Another time is after my break in period, after turning on the car and leaving a driveway , engine was not cold, Normal mode, and not that hot 85-90

OP
OP

bgomez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I had a few experiences with this issue. First is when the car was new, cold in the morning, eco ON, and pre-collision assist set to highest setting. Another time is after my break in period, after turning on the car and leaving a driveway , engine was not cold, Normal mode, and not that hot 85-90
was is more of power hesitation or like abrupt shifting between gears?

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You can also reset the transmission, it does have adaptive learning so to speak. The process is almost the same as the throttle calibration/reset. Something else to try, just takes a few minutes then drive.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
was is more of power hesitation or like abrupt shifting between gears?
The first time when new, it felt More like power hesitation. My foot is pressing the gas and it's not really moving, like it's preventing me to go over a certain rpm..but it did let me accelerate at slower rpm. The 2nd time , it too felt like a hesitation, like I was halfway on the gas and it didn't respond for half a sec, then it went eventually.

Scottp528

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve had this issue a couple of times. First time I was backing up out of a parking space and it was like it had no power and then a jerk and the power kicked in. Second time I was backing up in my driveway and it had the same issue. This morning I was leaving a store and pulling out into the highway and it was like it lost power and had no acceleration for a few seconds before a jerk and the power kicked in. Called the dealership when I got to work and have an appointment for Monday afternoon.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
I wonder how many people experiencing this lag haven't drive 4 cylinder cars, and this is a 3 cylinder. I've had plenty of small 4s that required Turning off the ac to pass.

Last edited:

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I wonder how many people experiencing this LG haven't drive 4 cylinder cars, and this is a 3 cylinder. I've had plenty of small 4s that required Turning off the ac to pass.
Im sick of hearing this. Ford tried to tell me something like this when I called to make the appointment… it doesn’t happen all the time, only when above 105 degrees during the day. Obviously not normal

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Im sick of hearing this. Ford tried to tell me something like this when I called to make the appointment… it doesn’t happen all the time, only when above 105 degrees during the day. Obviously not normal
You're right. Being above 105 degrees isn't normal. ?

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Trying to get a headcount to see how big of an issue this is as I have seen one or two other posts on here.

My badlands has been experiencing more frequent throttle delay and lag in power. I have 3,500 miles on the car, I use 91 octane, and am experiencing a lag in power when I accelerate. It happens often from a dead stop when I begin accelerating again. I will press on the throttle and there will be no response for what seems like 1+ to 2 seconds and then the car will jerk forward and accelerate. This also happens at low speeds when I am leaving my driveway around 1st or 2nd gear. The car seems like it is trying to figure out which gear to shift to and the shifts become very “jerky” and not smooth. I have had multiple passengers notice how abrupt and hesitant the shifts are at low speeds of 10-20 mph. I know this is a known issue at high temperatures 90+ but I have noticed this at 70-80 degrees as well.

The last straw was this past weekend when I began to merge onto a highway with plenty of room and the hesitation in power occurred again. I ended up almost cutting off someone and had to floor it once the throttle finally responded.

If anyone has had similar issues let me know. I am happy to consolidate and contact Ford if this is a big enough issue for a recall etc..

Thanks.
Me, too. I posted something shortly after getting my Outer Banks. I took it to the dealer who told me the heat here in Vegas is part of the issue. Something about octane... and suggested using 91 and Sport mode. I did notice less of the hesitation problem after doing this so I use Sport all the time and 91. The other issue is the constant shifting while the transmission tries to figure out the best gear out of EIGHT. Love the car but not thrilled with the overall performance issues.