FlashToPass

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
After searching and finding limited availability and everyone out of stock for the wheels for my Bronco Sport Base, I decided to powder coat the stock wheels. I used ARS Wheel Repair in Carrollton Texas. The cost was $660 out the door. Because they tear down the wheels to powder coat them, they added my tires for free. I bought the BFG K02's online and had them shipped to the house, so was able to get them for $184 each. They get it done in 24 hours when you leave the truck with them. The results look awesome and I am very happy with the look I have now.

Ford Bronco Sport Powdercoated stock wheels and mounted BFG KO2 - 245/65r17 tires image4

Ford Bronco Sport Powdercoated stock wheels and mounted BFG KO2 - 245/65r17 tires image8

Ford Bronco Sport Powdercoated stock wheels and mounted BFG KO2 - 245/65r17 tires image9
Sponsored

Bronco(maybe?)

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
After searching and finding limited availability and everyone out of stock for the wheels for my Bronco Sport Base, I decided to powder coat the stock wheels. I used ARS Wheel Repair in Carrollton Texas. The cost was $660 out the door. Because they tear down the wheels to powder coat them, they added my tires for free. I bought the BFG K02's online and had them shipped to the house, so was able to get them for $184 each. They get it done in 24 hours when you leave the truck with them. The results look awesome and I am very happy with the look I have now.

Ford Bronco Sport Powdercoated stock wheels and mounted BFG KO2 - 245/65r17 tires image4

Ford Bronco Sport Powdercoated stock wheels and mounted BFG KO2 - 245/65r17 tires image8

Ford Bronco Sport Powdercoated stock wheels and mounted BFG KO2 - 245/65r17 tires image9
Looks super nice.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Thanks for your post. Just saved me from an Ebay scam. I ordered "FIRST EDITION OEM rims" off ebay and I saw your post. I went to compare the pictures and I saw that the spoke patterns were the same. I almost had the same rims as you! I don't think they look bad at all, but damned if I'm gonna go through a sale with shysters. Seriously, thanks!

Last edited:

OP
OP
FlashToPass

FlashToPass

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for your post. Just saved me from an Ebay scam. I ordered "FIRST EDITION OEM rims" off ebay and I saw your post. I went to compare the pictures and I saw that the spoke patterns were the same. I almost had the same rims as you! I don't think they look bad at all, but damned if I'm gonna go through a sale with shysters. Seriously, thanks!
When it comes to getting them powder coated, I called around. I found shops that were doing them for $125 a wheel. When I checked out ARS wheel repair, their main business is wheel repairs. When I went by, there were Mercedes and BMW's in the parking lot waiting to get picked up. With the fact they work on numerous high end vehicles, I felt comfortable with using them. It was $25 extra at $150 but I felt it would make a difference in the quality of the work. They charged me $15 to remove the wheel off the vehicle and put it back on, but that ensures your TPMS sensors are all set. When you factor in that I was able to get the BFG K02s for $184 each ($60 taxes and Free shipping from Amazon), the overall package was pretty inexpensive. Most tire shops will charge you a disposal fee of usually several dollars per tire. I had them put the tires in the back of the truck. As soon as I picked up my truck, I drove straight to a Used Tire retailer. I showed them the tires, and sold them instead of paying a disposal fee.

BroncoNerd

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Badass!

CraigB

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Love this idea. I like the little Bronco logo on my BS OB rims, but wanted all black. I wasn't thrilled with going aftermarket, so I'm definitely going to look into this option. Thx for posting.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500

They look way better than the stock. Ford should have offered them gloss powder coated.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

Great ? bronco ,those wheels make that ride ,very nicely done.

Ford Bronco Sport Powdercoated stock wheels and mounted BFG KO2 - 245/65r17 tires 88715025-6188-42DE-A5A2-75290A0EC331

Ford Bronco Sport Powdercoated stock wheels and mounted BFG KO2 - 245/65r17 tires C43A754B-3263-484C-BA4A-BDD03E29CDD7

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Ummm....very tasty!!! I wonder if those wheels/tires will fit my Maverick???

Been trying to convince Wifey that my Maverick will need her Badlands wheel/tire swapped over, but so far I'm not getting a good vibe back from her...

OP
OP
FlashToPass

FlashToPass

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Why powder coat and not paint?
The powder coaring is baked on, and will last longer than just painting. Paint will chip and such where the powder coating will adhere to the metal and is much stronger finish than paint.

They take the wheels off, remove the tire, remove all the weights for balancing, clean the entire wheel, apply the powder coating, bake the paint on, reinstall the tire, balance, then re-install the wheels.
Sponsored