Possible auxiliary switch locations.

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Looking for possible locations for individual auxiliary switches or s-Pod type switch setup. Has any owners or demo drivers noticed any possible locations? Not too concerned if it's on the dashboard, overhead or on the center console as long as it doesn't interfere with airbags. A spot I'm looking at is perhaps forward of the gear selector knob and cup holders. If anyone has had dealer installed lighting added, where did they locate the switches?

Ford Bronco Sport Possible auxiliary switch locations. 2021FordBroncoSport-interior-01
Sponsored

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
then you will have to hire a passenger to hold your sunglasses but still feasible
My Co pilot does that.. but also because I use the titanium no hinge maui jims that they normally dont fit in the car sunglass holders

but also isn't there a huge cubby under the infotainment system?

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My Co pilot does that.. but also because I use the titanium no hinge maui jims that they normally dont fit in the car sunglass holders

but also isn't there a huge cubby under the infotainment system?
I was going to say that’s probably the best location. Maybe there will be some space next to the headlight controls. Sometimes there are some blank buttons there.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I was going to say that’s probably the best location. Maybe there will be some space next to the headlight controls. Sometimes there are some blank buttons there.
We need more detailed pictures of the dash. Though I think someone could probably 3D print something that fits in the cubby hole.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
For anyone that doesn't have a BL or FE, the blank plate around the GOAT mode wheel is another prime location to add some extra functionality - buttons rather than switches maybe. Would require some precision fit & finish, but I expect it would be an easy location for aftermarket accessory makers to tie into.

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We need more detailed pictures of the dash. Though I think someone could probably 3D print something that fits in the cubby hole.
That would give me the excuse to buy a 3d printer. Otherwise a cheaper method might be a plug made of expanding foam with an ABS or Carbon fiber/epoxy face plate. The cubby might be perfect for the ham radio control head I'm trying to mount also. If I mounted the head on a hinge I suppose I could mount switches behind it and swing it up when I need access. Lots of idea's but definitely need better pictures of the dash!

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Good idea also but I can't find any good pictures of the area around the switch. Also, I believe there is a knee airbag below the dash so I may have to worry about interfering with that.

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For anyone that doesn't have a BL or FE, the blank plate around the GOAT mode wheel is another prime location to add some extra functionality - buttons rather than switches maybe. Would require some precision fit & finish, but I expect it would be an easy location for aftermarket accessory makers to tie into.

Looking at the parts diagram Here.

Ford Bronco Sport Possible auxiliary switch locations. Console

I think there should be room under a portion of the console cover of even the BL & FE. For the other models they definitely would have more room. Especially for small push button switches.

If I was to use rocker switches I might use covered switches like the ones essentialemployee put on the overhead console pic.
Ford Bronco Sport Possible auxiliary switch locations. switch 2

If I install off road lights I wouldn't want to turn them on by accident by putting my phone on the wireless charger and bumping the switch. My luck I'd be behind a humorless state patrol trooper when I did it.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Ford Bronco Sport Possible auxiliary switch locations. switch 2

If I install off road lights I wouldn't want to turn them on by accident by putting my phone on the wireless charger and bumping the switch. My luck I'd be behind a humorless state patrol trooper when I did it.
Funnily enough those switches have a cover.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
That would give me the excuse to buy a 3d printer. Otherwise a cheaper method might be a plug made of expanding foam with an ABS or Carbon fiber/epoxy face plate. The cubby might be perfect for the ham radio control head I'm trying to mount also. If I mounted the head on a hinge I suppose I could mount switches behind it and swing it up when I need access. Lots of idea's but definitely need better pictures of the dash!
Certainly interested in thoughts on installing the ham radio and antenna
Sponsored