Poll: How did you buy your Bronco Sport?

How did you buy your Bronco Sport?

• Total voters

Bigbend410

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I just got my Bronco Sport FE on Monday, I had been thinking of getting the BS for a while, but 4+ month wait to get a Badlands wasnt sitting well with me. This one just popped up in a search, and I immediately jumped on it. I thought all FE's were 'sold out' according to Ford, but apparently this one wasn't claimed yet. So I did :D
Lease was upon my 2018 Escape SEL 4wd. Was watching dealer inventory as they had 20 in stock various models. In two weeks all but one sold. I got the last one two weeks ago. Now they appear to be unavailable due to chip shortage. I was lucky to get it and lucky it was just about what I wanted (A BB 1.5). I would have added a few items but overall I am satisfied.
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Was literally driving by my local Ford Dealer, There was a gentleman driving a Brand New Sport off of the truck. I stopped with the wife to look at it, one of the sales guys came out and asked if we wanted to take it for a ride, I said sure, so slapped a plate on it and off we went. Came back to the Dealership, and the big boss came out to greet us. (General Manager) Which I new because I use to drive part time for them (bringing cars up to the auction site.) He told me strait out that he was only getting 1 more Sport for the year, (this was back in September) and also the Dealership was charging $ 3000 grand over sticker if we wanted it, that thru me right off my game, but hey they were being up front about it. So after the come on in and letā€™s talk. Well after some back and forth we ended up buying it right there on the spot, Payed $1500 hundred over sticker but they gave me a good deal on my F150 SuperCrew trade in. I had no idea that day I would be buying a Brand new SUV. The cards must have aligned I guess.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Iā€™d seen the Sport when it came out & figured it would be an ideal vehicle for my needs as a replacement for a 2007 Acura MDX I had once the explorer was paid off. However life changes & all dictated I really no longer needed a vehicle the size of the explorer, when what I wanted all along was an Escape sized vehicle instead.

I drove this OB earlier in the spring, which answered 2 things for me:
1. The Bronco Sport was not too small (before the MDX I had a 2007 F150 I loved, but no longer needed, so though I wanted a smaller vehicle for urban driving I had to be sure).
2. The 1.5 was not underpowered even on the freeway in the city.
I just couldnā€™t justify a trade a year into the vehicle purchase even though I sure wanted to, but was also still on the fence. The OB lacked 360+ which was a deal breaker for me anyways.

By the fall though it was beyond time to do this, even if I wind up missing the high priced used market for my trade by the time my order comes in. Ultimately my order day was picked to celebrate 3.000 days tobacco free, which is as good an excuse as any to finally after 15 years, order a car I actually want.

At least my dealer accepted X plan on a custom order BL, something theyā€˜ve never had on the lot. I plan to keep it 10-20 years though (most vehicles I have for a decade, current one being the exception) so Iā€˜m happy to wait for an order with exactly what I want. I hate payments of any kind, so will look forward to getting this done & running the BS until I push it to the junkyard. So count me in for test driving, even if not a BL with the 2.0, and then ordering.
Ford Bronco Sport Poll:  How did you buy your Bronco Sport? A59B7174-CF8A-4A95-8DE0-191C30406E98

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
I ordered, sight unseen, my BS BL+BL Cyber Orange inAugust 2020. Built December 2020. Picked up January 2021. Love it and have yet (11 months) seen another. I bought my 50 year Mustang GT the same way.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I ordered, sight unseen, my BS BL+BL Cyber Orange inAugust 2020. Built December 2020. Picked up January 2021. Love it and have yet (11 months) seen another. I bought my 50 year Mustang GT the same way.
The best way to order for sure. I decided to get the cyber orange badlands a few seconds after I saw the raised by goats commercial at work in the breakroom. Still never seen one, not test driven any sport, never seen any on the lot and only saw 5 total lower trims since they first came out last year.

Never talked to anyone who owned them, never seen inside one, and never had a vehicle with so much tech that comes standard either. Have said before all that sort of stuff was unimportant.

The one and only thing that sold me was the fact it has horses on it. Steering wheel, seats, and so on. Everything else is just fluff; at least for me anyway.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I test drove Outer Banks back in march before I put order in for Badlands. While waiting I saw one Badlands once from a distance. Once mine came in I test drove before purchase so that was first time driving the 2.0. The Badlands with 2.0 is a lot different then the 1.5 that is for sure.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Bought mine from dealer inventory.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I was in the market for a vehicle to replace my current one. Looked at Granger's website (waiting for my Big Bronco from them), saw a BS BB A51 was being shipped to them. They had listed for approximately $1200 under MSRP, I inquired, it was not spoken for, so I bought it. ?

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
In March, the dealer had BL, OB and BB on the lot. The BL was a mannequin.

We test drove the BL and OB. The 2.0L and front camera sold us on the BL.
Ordered a BL+BL mid March.

Built in June, Lot Rot Special Edition.
Delivered Nov 3.

We had gone back and forth over buying it after the delays and frustrations with Ford.

Dealer stuck with the as ordered MSRP versus the $800+ increase that happened during the long wait. Also was able to get us the 0.9% financing offered back in March and x-plan and $500 rebate. That and the $100 Amazon gift card from Ford unruffled enough feathers for us to buy it and be happy.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I test drove Outer Banks back in march before I put order in for Badlands. While waiting I saw one Badlands once from a distance. Once mine came in I test drove before purchase so that was first time driving the 2.0. The Badlands with 2.0 is a lot different then the 1.5 that is for sure.
In a good way Iā€™m assuming? I went off the idea that if I found the 1.5 was adequate, Iā€˜m really going to enjoy the 2.0!

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
In a good way Iā€™m assuming? I went off the idea that if I found the 1.5 was adequate, Iā€˜m really going to enjoy the 2.0!
At half throttle the 2.0 is adequate. :)
You are going to love the 2.0.

Yesterday I was merging onto the highway. The merge lane was on the short side for a 65 mph highway. I came along a big rig keeping me from merging (not his fault) no chance to get behind him due to the line of vehicles behind his rig.

Foot down and GONE! Easy peasy....

Would the 1.5 have managed? Maybe, but it would have been a lot closer on the margins.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
At half throttle the 2.0 is adequate. :)
You are going to love the 2.0.

Yesterday I was merging onto the highway. The merge lane was on the short side for a 65 mph highway. I came along a big rig keeping me from merging (not his fault) no chance to get behind him due to the line of vehicles behind his rig.

Foot down and GONE! Easy peasy....

Would the 1.5 have managed? Maybe, but it would have been a lot closer on the margins.
Yes, lots of those types of merges here as well as plenty of big rigs to overtake on 2 lane highways. There is a small fuel penalty to be paid for sure, and of course the Sportā€™s design isnā€™t necessarily optimized for the best economy to begin with, but the cost penalty seems well worth it.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I was searching the local dealer inventories for a few months once my wife decided she wanted a new Bronco Sport. She wanted either a red or blue one & the blue was to dark for her taste, & the local dealers did not have a color she liked. I found a Rapid Red one 1 hour away across the border in N.C. It had come off the truck the day before we test drove & purchased it.

loewymartin

Badlands
First Name
MBMartin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I saw a Cyber Orange Badlands on the road and did a double take. Loved it, told my husband. We looked at other vehicles online to compare, but I liked the size of the BS BL. I test drove an Outer Banks I believe and sat in a dead battery BL in the dealership. Loved it and put down my $500 deposit and ordered my Premium BS BL that day (in Cyber Orange of course!)

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Iā€™d seen the Sport when it came out & figured it would be an ideal vehicle for my needs as a replacement for a 2007 Acura MDX I had once the explorer was paid off. However life changes & all dictated I really no longer needed a vehicle the size of the explorer, when what I wanted all along was an Escape sized vehicle instead.

I drove this OB earlier in the spring, which answered 2 things for me:
1. The Bronco Sport was not too small (before the MDX I had a 2007 F150 I loved, but no longer needed, so though I wanted a smaller vehicle for urban driving I had to be sure).
2. The 1.5 was not underpowered even on the freeway in the city.
I just couldnā€™t justify a trade a year into the vehicle purchase even though I sure wanted to, but was also still on the fence. The OB lacked 360+ which was a deal breaker for me anyways.

By the fall though it was beyond time to do this, even if I wind up missing the high priced used market for my trade by the time my order comes in. Ultimately my order day was picked to celebrate 3.000 days tobacco free, which is as good an excuse as any to finally after 15 years, order a car I actually want.

At least my dealer accepted X plan on a custom order BL, something theyā€˜ve never had on the lot. I plan to keep it 10-20 years though (most vehicles I have for a decade, current one being the exception) so Iā€˜m happy to wait for an order with exactly what I want. I hate payments of any kind, so will look forward to getting this done & running the BS until I push it to the junkyard. So count me in for test driving, even if not a BL with the 2.0, and then ordering.
Ford Bronco Sport Poll:  How did you buy your Bronco Sport? A59B7174-CF8A-4A95-8DE0-191C30406E98
How do you like the ā€œShadow Blackā€ ?
Ford Bronco Sport Poll:  How did you buy your Bronco Sport? 841A22F1-8517-4B2C-9BE8-F2DEFC46467E
Sponsored

• Love