bpbd

Big Bend
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi all, New Bronco Sport owner here. I had preordered a Maverick but due to an accident, could no longer wait for the Maverick and went with my next choice. So far, I'm very happy with the Bronco but there are a couple issues . First, a warning came on for a failed tire pressure sensor. Is that something that I should bring it in to have looked at, or is it pretty routine and easy to take care of myself? The other thing is, I have plastic strips on the door edges and one is lifting off the door, shown in the photo. Were these temporary and I was supposed to remove them, or are they supposed to stay on and they did a poor job of affixing that one? Honestly not sure and don't want to waste the service department's time if they were not intended to stay on. Thanks for any advice!

Ford Bronco Sport Plastic on door edges and tire pressure sensor failure 0927211351a
Sponsored

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
a warning came on for a failed tire pressure sensor. Is that something that I should bring it in to have looked at, or is it pretty routine and easy to take care of myself?
Batteries for TPMS transponders are on the inside (non visible area) of the rim, in the airspace of the tire itself. Not an end-user serviceable item, typically.

Each TPMS transponder "checks-in" with the receiver in the vehicle, I don't recall how often, likely on the order of every few minutes or less.

Ford's TPMS units in the Bronco Sport appear to be individually serialized (so the system can obtain readings from each tire and know which one's low) and have not only pressure but temperature sensors as well, however only pressure is reported in-dash.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Hi all, New Bronco Sport owner here. I had preordered a Maverick but due to an accident, could no longer wait for the Maverick and went with my next choice. So far, I'm very happy with the Bronco but there are a couple issues . First, a warning came on for a failed tire pressure sensor. Is that something that I should bring it in to have looked at, or is it pretty routine and easy to take care of myself? The other thing is, I have plastic strips on the door edges and one is lifting off the door, shown in the photo. Were these temporary and I was supposed to remove them, or are they supposed to stay on and they did a poor job of affixing that one? Honestly not sure and don't want to waste the service department's time if they were not intended to stay on. Thanks for any advice!

Ford Bronco Sport Plastic on door edges and tire pressure sensor failure 0927211351a
Congratulations on your new vehicle! I am not too sure if the plastic is supposed to be there - I don’t have that on my car. Does it seem easy to take off?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

How embarrassing for the dealer to miss that plastic... It's just the plastic wrap from the factory they remove it when they prep for delivery. You can just take it off and wipe clean.

OP
OP

bpbd

Big Bend
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Batteries for TPMS transponders are on the inside (non visible area) of the rim, in the airspace of the tire itself. Not an end-user serviceable item, typically.

Each TPMS transponder "checks-in" with the receiver in the vehicle, I don't recall how often, likely on the order of every few minutes or less.

Ford's TPMS units in the Bronco Sport appear to be individually serialized (so the system can obtain readings from each tire and know which one's low) and have not only pressure but temperature sensors as well, however only pressure is reported in-dash.

Congratulations on your new vehicle! I am not too sure if the plastic is supposed to be there - I don’t have that on my car. Does it seem easy to take off?
It seems like it's on there pretty good and I probably would not have thought of removing it if not for that one section that is pulling off. But yeah, I happened to see another BS parked today and it definitely did not have the plastic still on there. I'm going to assume it's fine to pull it off.

OP
OP

bpbd

Big Bend
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How embarrassing for the dealer to miss that plastic... It's just the plastic wrap from the factory they remove it when they prep for delivery. You can just take it off and wipe clean.
Will do. Thanks!

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Our Area 51 color OB has Black ones on there & I believe they should be there , they're door edge chip protectors . Bad TPMS should be taken to dealer & also have them look at the Door trim ,if you haven't ripped it off already .

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
L
Our Area 51 color OB has Black ones on there & I believe they should be there , they're door edge chip protectors . Bad TPMS should be taken to dealer & also have them look at the Door trim ,if you haven't ripped it off already .
Black on an Area 51? You would think it would be clear as most chip protector film is Which means maybe it is transport protector. If it is actually chip protector, most chip protectors are peel and stick and can come off if heated or edges picked. They can easily be reapplied by dealer if this happened and if it is a door edge chip protector and not transport protector. Or you can peel off what apparently is cheap stuff and put on your own. We had a pathfinder where it peeled off And we put on our own.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L

Black on an Area 51? You would think it would be clear as most chip protector film is Which means maybe it is transport protector. If it is actually chip protector, most chip protectors are peel and stick and can come off if heated or edges picked. They can easily be reapplied by dealer if this happened and if it is a door edge chip protector and not transport protector. Or you can peel off what apparently is cheap stuff and put on your own. We had a pathfinder where it peeled off And we put on our own.
I'll take a photo later , but these things are not a film , they are solid trim . I would think the dealer would have removed them if they were just for shipment , its not like you don't notice them against the body color .

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can hardly notice them unless to go up close . I'm not removing them , they protect the door edge A& other vehicles .
Ford Bronco Sport Plastic on door edges and tire pressure sensor failure door trim on BS

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I'll take a photo later , but these things are not a film , they are solid trim . I would think the dealer would have removed them if they were just for shipment , its not like you don't notice them against the body color .
Yeah that looks like plastic edge protectors as opposed to film. We used to buy those also and slide on the doors.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
You can hardly notice them unless to go up close . I'm not removing them , they protect the door edge A& other vehicles .
Ford Bronco Sport Plastic on door edges and tire pressure sensor failure door trim on BS
I agree, I removed one from a backdoor, thinking it was plastic wrap protection before I realized is actually door edge guard.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The door edge guards are clear 3M tape designed for that use. I have had it on several vehicles and it works great and stays on if installed correctly, which it looks like yours was not. Dealer installed mine on my OB, they did an "ok" job, I have installed this product on all my past vehicles and I like it because you can barely see it and it lasts. If you want to take it off, just peel it off, no residue.
Sponsored