Pirelli tire “wobble” feeling on grooved highways

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
hello, my wife and I have a BS Badlands w the Pirelli tires and on newer highways with grooved concrete the vehicle can feel a bit wobbly or twitchy like the rear tires are following the grooves of the highway. it is not terrible but can be noticed. has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
hello, my wife and I have a BS Badlands w the Pirelli tires and on newer highways with grooved concrete the vehicle can feel a bit wobbly or twitchy like the rear tires are following the grooves of the highway. it is not terrible but can be noticed. has anyone else experienced this?
Yes...with Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails. Like ‘squirming’...

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Noticed this ‘squirming’ first time I drove on certain newly-rebuilt freeways with pavement rain grooves that run parallel to traffic (looking at you I-75). Not a wobble or balance issue. I’m guessing it’s the aggressive tread on the A/T tires biting on the pavement rain grooves. Like driving across a steel-grate bridge.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
OP, re check your tire pressure with a verified accurate digital gage.
Sounds like your psi's are a bit high.
Cold, no direct sun,, one tire in the sun when you check it would make for a nasty feel.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Noticed this ‘squirming’ first time I drove on certain newly-rebuilt freeways with pavement rain grooves that run parallel to traffic (looking at you I-75). Not a wobble or balance issue. I’m guessing it’s the aggressive tread on the A/T tires biting on the pavement rain grooves. Like driving across a steel-grate bridge.
I've experienced this more than once, particularly on 131 North right as you're getting out of Grand Rapids. It's the grooves in the pavement that cause the "squirming". I don't think this has anything to do with tire tread or psi levels in the tires, though that could make things worse.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Everyone with a new car from a dealer should check the tire psi, they're usually overinflated from the dealer.
Sponsored