R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
What about chip monks how do I get rid of them?
Rumor has it…. Use a 5 gallon bucket, fill it around 1/2 full with water, add some black oil sunflower seeds, and a small wood board for a ramp to get to the top of the bucket. They climb in for the seed and can’t get out. Not that I’ve ever done it…………….. :wink:
Sponsored

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Rumor has it…. Use a 5 gallon bucket, fill it around 1/2 full with water, add some black oil sunflower seeds, and a small wood board for a ramp to get to the top of the bucket. They climb in for the seed and can’t get out. Not that I’ve ever done it…………….. :wink:
I was gonna suggest dynamite

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I caught one in trap a while ago. Drove it couple miles away and let it out. Now it can go chew on stuff somewhere else.....

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I use a “doesn’t have a heart” trap then teach ‘em how to swim in a five gallon bucket.

ps: I suck as a swimming instructor!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I caught one in trap a while ago. Drove it couple miles away and let it out. Now it can go chew on stuff somewhere else.....
It was probably back home before you were. Most natural resource people discourage relocation of pests. So……?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A friend of mine would hit the squirrels with a bit of spray paint then take them miles away. They always seemed to show back up. Started using multiple colors. Wasn’t just one always coming back!

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
OK, I have to chime in here on this mouse issue.

Our 2017 Fusion has had the wiring harness chewed up twice after we purchased it.

Why are rodents attracted to vehicles? I'll tell you. Around 2011 I believe, Ford started using soy based oil.

NOTE: I have a 2011 F-150 that's parked right next to our 2017 Fusion, my truck has never had a rodents problem and I have never treated the engine compartment for rodents.

Ford uses a soy-based electrical wire coating that is cheaper and more environmentally friendly. It also tends to attract rodents that love the material for nest building.

FIXES for this issue.

1. Antifreeze made know days is no longer poisonous to animals like it was back in the day. It may give a dog an upset stomach but will not kill it.
2. The best thing to keep rodents away from your vehicles engine compartment is a rodent spray. These sprays work. Haven't had the wiring harness chewed on since 2019.
Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands 16375401539621072661112036998675
Sponsored