First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I was looking at parts on fords website and came across this...are we suppose to have 2 deflectors? I missing one on the passenger side.

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands under.JPG
Bunch of ppl on Facebook groups saying they missing deflector on one side. Then others say they have them on both sides.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Thanks! Wondering if the bash plates were substantial and now I know. Helpful! Out camping this weekend and a mouse built a nest under the hood overnight. Two more mice jumped off after I started my BS this morning, out in the hills. Wondering if the bash plates are a spot they will also try to nest in and if so, is there a possibility of fire? Thank you!
For mouse or squirrel problems we'd set a small flat dish with antifreeze in it out for the vermin. Kills em dead before they can nest or chew through a radiator hose..

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I was looking at parts on fords website and came across this...are we suppose to have 2 deflectors? I missing one on the passenger side.

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands under.JPG
Missing one?
Send a pic of whats underneath!
And then tell the dealership...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
For mouse or squirrel problems we'd set a small flat dish with antifreeze in it out for the vermin. Kills em dead before they can nest or chew through a radiator hose..
What about chip monks how do I get rid of them?

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Missing one?
Send a pic of whats underneath!
And then tell the dealership...
I'm just checking with others what's up...looks like OP is missing one also.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I'm just checking with others what's up...looks like OP is missing one also.
Put me down in the one-deflector crowd.

Maybe it's related to trim level or build date? Vehicles with the bash plate maybe don't get the air deflectors? Mine is a Badlands built in 04/21.

Edit:

I looked at the part site. Here is a screenshot. Note that there is a RH and LH part for the "part time drive" and only a LH part for the "FTD (full time drive)" part. I'm betting the Badlands and FE only get 1 though I don't know why. The studs are right there to add one if you want to spend about $100.

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands Capture.JPG

Last edited:

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So, I went to a nearby dealer and asked if it's a dealer installed or factory installed. He told me that it is installed at the factory only if you get the off road package.....I guess my FE is not for off roading....
I asked how much to get one and he said $135+tax, and forever leadtime.

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands IMG20210603163857

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands IMG20210603163902

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So, I went to a nearby dealer and asked if it's a dealer installed or factory installed. He told me that it is installed at the factory only if you get the off road package.....I guess my FE is not for off roading....
I don't recall seeing an 'off road package' offered as an option? Was this a sales bozo at the dealer?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I'm wondering if it's bundled with mudflaps or something of that sort. I can't find off road package anywhere.
If you figure this mystery out let me know I'll have my dealer add it to my order...

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you figure this mystery out let me know I'll have my dealer add it to my order...
I think we need some one with 2 deflectors to put their window sticker options so we can compare.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I think we need some one with 2 deflectors to put their window sticker options so we can compare.
Yeah I wont have any window sticker for a while....

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah I wont have any window sticker for a while....
I've never seen air deflectors as an option.
They hang super low if that's all they do. Road noise maybe? If I was going to do consistent trail riding I would consider removing them. Definitely no off road advantage.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've never seen air deflectors as an option.
They hang super low if that's all they do. Road noise maybe? If I was going to do consistent trail riding I would consider removing them. Definitely no off road advantage.
You can hear mud/rocks hit passenger side way louder than driver side.
Sponsored