AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
that wrap for the calipers, cant be too safe right?
yellow's a good choice, it'll look good.

for the flares, do they just pull off, or was there any mounting hardware, screws, etc anywhere? i wanna pull mine off and hose em out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Nice, I've had mine since January. Wasn't what I went in to buy but I drove away in it. I made a wise choice and really liking it so far. I couldn't help myself when it came to mods. I also got a Ford Visa Card with the deal so what better way to add points and customize at the same time. I've got a long list but here's my top mods not in any particular order.
Hood Struts from Redline. Should have been a factory add on for the OB but still well worth it. I also added ceramic window film for the front doors at 24%, same as the rest plus a strip on the windshield. Fits right in the Miami car scene with the full tint. A custom exhaust, I used two 2.25" Vibrant Resonators and ceramic coated tips. Sounds absolutely awesome, no drone, no teeth rattling growl and lightened it up a few lbs. Really made a difference in character, added a wee bit of power and mpg too. A CAI to compliment the custom exhaust, together probably my number one mod.
A couple of other tweaks included changing out the funky OEM Lugnuts. I used McGard Black Chrome nuts with Bronco logo valve stem caps. Also a Dash cover, low profile rain guards on the windows, hood deflector, LED rear lights, console lid pad, console cover, console tray and stainless sill plates and lastly Bronco letter overlays. I still have more in mind. This forum has really been helpful watching and learning from other Bronco enthusiasts. Have fun and good luck.
very cool. So fun to mod up cars. Music, man cave and a wrench… life is good lol

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
that wrap for the calipers, cant be too safe right?
yellow's a good choice, it'll look good.

for the flares, do they just pull off, or was there any mounting hardware, screws, etc anywhere? i wanna pull mine off and hose em out.
I watched a vid of someone pulling them off. Made it look like they pulled right off with ease… I ruined my passenger side flares. Broke about 75% of the clips and I didn’t even strong arm it. My aftermarket ones haven’t shown up yet so I’m not sure what’s required of those to put them on. But if I don’t like them I’ve already talked to the dealer and they can order me new ones.
Said that to say if you’re going to pull yours off do some good research they don’t pop out easily without breaking the clips. So far my one complaint they is very thin plastic underneath holding them on.

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Spent a couple minutes on it this morning. Door panels come off very easily.

calipers look good but id suggest using a self etching primer if your going to do it.
I did clean then them and degrease them put this side i have a feeling paint wont last long. Will be using a primer on driver side.

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 0149559F-0BB2-435D-A25F-1263004ABF1D

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 6119DE67-1D7C-4EE4-9C71-82C52037A05E

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 2CEC40A9-3F2A-4223-A557-FD29F5CE9B9A

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
lift kit is on, i just need to paint the drivers side calipers still and put on drivers side front fender flare still and the wheel stuff will be done other then selecting the new tires to buy.. any suggestions?

in the pic from the rear i took, it was after the passenger side lift was on and the drivers side was not. you can see the difference in the arms. I like the lift.. its tasteful vs so high that it looks silly.

I also added the "rough country" sticker that came with the lift.. i read it adds another 3/4" and 15hp so i thought why not :crackup:

still waiting on my speaker connectors to come in so i can put the doors back together taking to long for those to get here. does anyone know the pos/neg colors for the doors if so i could just hook them up without the connectors.

thanks for reading guys. i'll be putting a vid together for my youtube channel soon for the changes i did.

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build d

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build e

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build f

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build r

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build s

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
I have some more stickers but i want to keep it street legal ... can't make it to fast lol

I was actually on the fence about the sticker as I've never been into them but I've never been into off roading either, so there's a first for everything.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
There have been some failures on those sway bar link extensions from Rough Country, you should keep an eye on those.

I don't think you have to remove the stock flares to put on the aftermarket ones. For sure not the ones that I have waiting to go on. From what I have seen the flares just mount over the stock ones.
I saw a lift kit that does not have the longer sway bar links. Why would it not be needed?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I saw a lift kit that does not have the longer sway bar links. Why would it not be needed?
They should be included but in order to make a less expensive kit, a lot of companies will supply a relocating mounting tab. In this case, there were reports on this forum that those relocation tabs were breaking for the Rough Country kit. It is worth spending another $100, or whatever it is, to buy a kit with longer swaybar endlinks included.

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
So I took the bronco to Holly oaks orv park this weekend.. just hit 1000 miles so figured it was time to get it dirty lol

The bronco did amazingly.. climbed the steepest hill there with ease. It didn't spin other then a few quick blips when it was transferring grip from one tire to the other. It didn't bog down (1.5ltr engine) and had more then enough power(surprisingly) and I was blown away with how well it climbed the hills. There was $100k rock crawlers there and my bronco went up the same trails. Even had people following me who were amazed at how the bronco was doing.

I am putting together a video for YouTube as I had the windshield and tailgate window camera going for the whole ride. I'll post up a link as soon as I get it done.

I love the lifted feel for it, the all terrain tires so far are great, the wheel flares give it the perfect look IMO and the new speakers I put in the doors really give it the highs I enjoy that I think the B&O system lacked. All n all ... I'm happy with this little suv :)

QUESTION, please help!! yesterday I started hearing a knocking in the front end. by the end of the day the knocking was loud enough that it has me scared to drive it. I pulled off the tires to check things out and everything looks tight. After reading a ton of stuff last night it sounds like the sway bar end links (rough country lift kit) that I see a lot of people describing the same noise. I assume I need to take them off to check if there is slop in them. With the tire off yesterday and lifting the control arm.. I didn't feel any movement in them but its exactly what I see others describe. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has replaced the RC end links.. what did you replace them with? I would like to hurry and buy a better replacement so I can swap them out and drive it.

Thank you... love this bronco lol

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build bronco

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Are the spacers on the RC lift recessed for the top of the strut tower? If not you’ll get a clunk noise. Many others have had issues with their stuff. Also recheck all your hardware after taking it out and wheeling. I’ve never had a clunk with the HRG lift, but it does give you stupid looking factory rake. I’d do the Ford Ranger lift if I did spacers again

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
From the research I have been doing the Rough Country doesn't have the recess for the front struts to sit in the spacers. The ones with the spacers seem to capture and hold the front struts, where the RC kit is smooth and things knock about.

https://www.hrgoffroad.com/1-5-inch-38mm-lift-kit-for-2021-22-ford-bronco-sport/

I'm also considering the Rough Country kit but they are not spacers but a complete package. Just wish there was more feedback on the kit.

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-bronco-sport-lift-kit-40131.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-sport-4wd-759082

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
From the research I have been doing the Rough Country doesn't have the recess for the front struts to sit in the spacers. The ones with the spacers seem to capture and hold the front struts, where the RC kit is smooth and things knock about.

https://www.hrgoffroad.com/1-5-inch-38mm-lift-kit-for-2021-22-ford-bronco-sport/

I'm also considering the Rough Country kit but they are not spacers but a complete package. Just wish there was more feedback on the kit.

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-bronco-sport-lift-kit-40131.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-sport-4wd-759082
I haven't read good things about any of the Rough Country lift kits, the spacer or the full suspension kit. I think if you look at the price, you can basically just assume that "you get what you pay for".

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
ya I didn't research anything .. I'll admit lol I bought most of the stuff before I even brought it home. The night before I was to pick it up at the dealership.. ordered a bunch of stuff. Plus... I am completely new to off road stuff. I've been into vettes and porsches for the last 10yrs and never thought I'd own something for going off road in and here I am.. and loving it lol Little learning curve on my part. :facepalm:
Sponsored