Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
As a soon-to-be Velocity Blue owner, I was curious just how different the discontinued color is from our upcoming MY23 Atlas Blue. I've compiled photos from various sources to highlight a few key differences.

Atlas Blue seems to be just slightly darker than Velocity Blue and has more metallic flake. Like Velocity Blue, Atlas Blue is claimed to lighten up under sunlight. Velocity Blue has a deeper tone and theoretically will absorb more sunlight and appear lighter in full sun. Neither color absorbs a crazy amount of heat and both are great for warm locations. When all is said and done, they're quite similar, so it was an interesting decision on Ford's part to exchange them for MY23. See comparison images below.

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue received_3260707884188030

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue s2aeymk1goo81

Left: Velocity Blue, Right: Atlas Blue

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue For Reference2

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue maxresdefault (1)

Left: Atlas Blue, Right: Velocity Blue

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue received_3964926300399974

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue For Reference1

Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this. No regrets from me so far.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this. No regrets from me so far.
No worries. You honestly won't be able to tell the difference if you look at either color going down the road. If I remember correctly, Kodiak Brown and Bronze Smoke were also very similar with one being just slightly darker than the other. Makes me wonder why they make such minor color swaps between model years, because it sure isn't for the sake of originality.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Why didn't you reference the Alto Blue (shown in my profile) it is nothing like the online pictures.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why didn't you reference the Alto Blue (shown in my profile) it is nothing like the online pictures.
This was a thread to compare two extremely similar colors. Alto Blue is an entirely different color all together and probably won't be mistaken for Velocity Blue nor Atlas Blue.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
As a soon-to-be Velocity Blue owner, I was curious just how different the discontinued color is from our upcoming MY23 Atlas Blue. I've compiled photos from various sources to highlight a few key differences.

Atlas Blue seems to be just slightly darker than Velocity Blue and has more metallic flake. Like Velocity Blue, Atlas Blue is claimed to lighten up under sunlight. Velocity Blue has a deeper tone and theoretically will absorb more sunlight and appear lighter in full sun. Neither color absorbs a crazy amount of heat and both are great for warm locations. When all is said and done, they're quite similar, so it was an interesting decision on Ford's part to exchange them for MY23. See comparison images below.

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue received_3260707884188030

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue s2aeymk1goo81

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue For Reference2

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue maxresdefault (1)

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue received_3964926300399974

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue For Reference1

Elegance:
Thanks for this, I had come across most the same photos online, and even stold a few images from Youtube. Was very frustrated by the "variance" I saw in Atlas Blue Metallic images.

Here are two I took yesterday at a dealership in McKinney, showing the F-150 in Atlas Metallic Blue in Bright Texas Sun:
Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue 1661099614065

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue 1661099626888

I verified the F-150 was Atlas Blue Metallic.

I believe (though I didn't confirm) that there is a Velocity Blue Metallic Bronco in the background on the second image.

I believe these pics are true to color, and honestly was impressed by how pretty Atlas Blue Metallic is. (Note: I had also become impressed with Velocity Blue Metallic, for those that have posted pics of there cars, it was appreciated).

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Atlas Blue is a great color, but it doesn't hit the same as Velocity for me. Maybe I just need to see one in person first before I make a definitive judgement. I know velocity pops a lot more in person than photos do it justice, so maybe Atlas is similar.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Atlas Blue is a great color, but it doesn't hit the same as Velocity for me. Maybe I just need to see one in person first before I make a definitive judgement. I know velocity pops a lot more in person than photos do it justice, so maybe Atlas is similar.
GizzardLizard:

Know what you mean. The pic of the Jeep Rubicon, shows what I was going for. I just ordered an Atlas Blue Metallic 2023 Ford Bronco Sport. That Jeep is a Rental, but I loved the color.

At first I didn't like Velocity Blue Metallic as I thought it too light, but after seeing it in person, and after seeing all the posts from this sight, I can say I had come around, and was looking forward to ordering the 2023 in Velocity Blue. As you know, that isn't an option.

Here is what I believe is a Velocity Blue Metallic Bronco Sport at the same dealership like 3 days before the F-150 pics above, lighting was from a different angle so this appears somewhat darker than it would if I had taken the other side. Short version, I believe they are both striking.

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue 1661111078082

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I parked my Velocity Blue next to a F150 of similar color. The color on the trucks used to be called Flame Blue. Itā€™s a lovely color, but is just a touch darker then the Velocity. Not quite as bright. Iā€™m wondering if Atlas is a shade or two darker then the Flame or Velocity, or both. Iā€™ll have to snap a pic next time.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I parked my Velocity Blue next to a F150 of similar color. The color on the trucks used to be called Flame Blue. Itā€™s a lovely color, but is just a touch darker then the Velocity. Not quite as bright. Iā€™m wondering if Atlas is a shade or two darker then the Flame or Velocity, or both. Iā€™ll have to snap a pic next time.
Wondering why Ford produced so many nearly identical blues under different names. That's 6 color names I've heard for blues with minor shade changes.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
Wondering why Ford produced so many nearly identical blues under different names. That's 6 color names I've heard for blues with minor shade changes.
i often wondered the same thing, it might go back to what products go into making the colors...
i know for the mustang some parts of the tri-coats were not available so they changed the colors slightly and since its not the same they have to give it a different paint code. or maybe its just the normal thing to do, change colors slightly since people see color different. some like the purple tint in the sonic blue, some like the metallic in the lightning, some like the less in the others....who knows.
different strokes for different folks...

grabber yellow (07-09 mustang)
school bus yellow (2013 boss 302)
orange fury (18-20 mustang)

all are about the same color, except the metallic added or the tri-coat process....put all 3 together and you will see that the colors are almost identical.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
My Fusion was Velocity Blue, so I had to go with the same color when I ordered my Bronco Sport. Itā€™s a beautiful color, I got a lot of compliments on it with my Fusion at the time. The Atlas Blue to me doesnā€™t look as vibrant in photos, Iā€™d probably have to see it in person though, it just looks darker than Velocity Blue.

jimharrison1950

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend HOT PEPPER RED
Speaking of poping....LOL

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue 4

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saw an Atlas Blue F-150 in person today and I am genuinely glad I got Velocity Blue. It was definitely less bright than Velocity and popped significantly less.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Saw an Atlas Blue Explorer ST on a lot the other day and compared it to my Velocity Blue BB.

Definitely a much darker color. Still not a huge fan, honestly. I hope Ford brings VB or a similar Blue back in the future. At least now they have Eruption Green is an option.

Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue 20220828_162014
Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue 20220828_162023
Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue 20220828_162033
Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue 20220828_162043
Ford Bronco Sport Photo Dump - Atlas Blue vs. Velocity Blue 20220828_162055
Sponsored