Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have 2 cell phones connected on Synch3. Both are Galaxy A20 and both show as A20. Is there any way to change the name of one of them so it's easy to differentiate in Settings?
Sponsored

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Pretty sure you need to name the phones. My iPhone came up as iPhone 13 Pro until I gave it a name. Not sure if you have to delete and reconnect or not.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I believe you're correct.
I renamed my personal & work phones to differentiate between the two. My BS calls them by name: "connecting to XYZ"

OP
OP
Barry S.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Pretty sure you need to name the phones. My iPhone came up as iPhone 13 Pro until I gave it a name. Not sure if you have to delete and reconnect or not.
Thank you for the response. Did you make the name change on the phone or on Sync 3. My phone doesn't have the option of changing the name.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Thank you for the response. Did you make the name change on the phone or on Sync 3. My phone doesn't have the option of changing the name.
If it's an Android phone, go to settings, about phone, device name. Should be able to change it there.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Pro tip, if your riding with someone in the car, make sure the names are something you wouldn’t mind repeated in front of someone else.

I named my twin brother in my phone, asshole after a fight. Sometime later we cooled off and went for a drive. During the drive we were part of a group text and my Apple car play kept saying message from…Bryan bill Barry….and asshole

Last edited:
OP
OP
Barry S.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Pro tip, if your riding with someone in the car, make sure the names are something you wouldn’t mind repeated in front of someone else.

I named my twin brother in my phone, asshole after a fight. Sometime later we cooled of and went for a driving. During the drive we were part of a group text and my Apple car play kept saying message from…Bryan bill Barry….and asshole
The other phone belongs to my wife. That might not work so well.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yup. It worked. Thank you. Never too old to learn new stuff.
Every time I turn on my BT speaker and it says it's connected to Yarr I laugh a little. Don't let your children name your phone.

OP
OP
Barry S.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have 2 cell phones connected on Synch3. Both are Galaxy A20 and both show as A20. Is there any way to change the name of one of them so it's easy to differentiate in Settings?
Other lesson learned. In order to download Contacts, engine must be running. Not just in Accessory mode.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Here’s another tip. Name your bluetooth devices something other then what they are. Especially if you have more then one set of air pods or more then one Bronco Sport. They will come up on your phone with the same name. Yes, I know this from experience. Had to change the Sync names to the colors of the F150’s so I could tell them apart.