Jeff W.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a problem with the Sync 3 system not making a correct connection to my phone (for actual phone calls), regardless of it connecting through Bluetooth or being plugged in. It seems to be worse when receiving a call then if I call out. About 80 percent of the time I get a call neither end can hear each other. We can disconnect the call and try again and will still get the problem. I tried deleting the phone book and that didn't help. It connects Android Auto apps fine though and plays music from my phone without issue. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a way to fix it? If it helps I've got a Samsung Galaxy S20+.
Sponsored

GOOSEBUMPS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
My pixel 4 xl works flawlessly. I did have to reboot phone to get Android auto to connect the first time. Try restarting phone and deleting profile off bronco and having it find your phone again.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Galaxy S21 Ultra checking in... occasionally my music seems to glitch and lose connection for a fraction of a second but has otherwise been fine. Using android auto + bluetooth using the factory cable that came with the phone.

At one point android auto stopped working so I had to factory reset the Sync3 system (this was day 1 of ownership) but haven't had any problems since.

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a problem with the Sync 3 system not making a correct connection to my phone (for actual phone calls), regardless of it connecting through Bluetooth or being plugged in. It seems to be worse when receiving a call then if I call out. About 80 percent of the time I get a call neither end can hear each other. We can disconnect the call and try again and will still get the problem. I tried deleting the phone book and that didn't help. It connects Android Auto apps fine though and plays music from my phone without issue. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a way to fix it? If it helps I've got a Samsung Galaxy S20+.
Try to update your sync 3 software
https://help.ford.com/update-sync/

OP
OP
Jeff W.

Jeff W.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My pixel 4 xl works flawlessly. I did have to reboot phone to get Android auto to connect the first time. Try restarting phone and deleting profile off bronco and having it find your phone again.
Thanks for the suggestions. I had tried deleting the phone profile but it didn't help. Maybe a factory reset of Sync 3 will help if I can figure out how to do that.

OP
OP
Jeff W.

Jeff W.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Try to check if your sync 3 have updates and if that doesn't works... factory reset
Thanks for the tips. I checked and my Sync 3 is current. I didn't try a factory reset but the fix found in the article I linked worked. I had to change the phone ringtone from one of the built in ones to using the phone's ringtone. Once I changed that it seemed to work fine.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My bluetooth will also "skip" and quit playing sometimes in my BS, did it in my 2019 Ranger too, I blame my iPhone 12, my iPhone X didn't have any issues.

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My Amazon Music seems to quit randomly. I get a skip every so often, but things like iHeartRadio and podcasts work fine. Worked fine in my previous car using the same phone. I'm on an iphone 11 pro

Texbucky

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My Amazon Music seems to quit randomly. I get a skip every so often, but things like iHeartRadio and podcasts work fine. Worked fine in my previous car using the same phone. I'm on an iphone 11 pro
I am a loyal Pandora user and have tons of music on my iphone (12 plus pro). I get issues with I will be listening to an album and I want to skip over a track, so I hit the forward button and it will go to a completely different album. For some reason, now it is thinking everytime I want to skip around on a Celine Dion album that I am saying I want to listen to the Statler Brothers. WTH? I love both, so don't think I don't love the SB :)

I am using the old cord from my iphone 8S, so wondering if I need to use my cord for the new iphone???? Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored