Slappy427

Outer Banks
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car
I can’t seem to figure out how to utilize the touted wireless pad to charge my phone. In all the literature it shows someone just placing a phone either in the spot directly below the SYNC 3 display screen or in the area below with the plug in charger port. Am I wrong that wireless charging was supposed to take place or do I need to set it up?
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This isn't meant to be insulting, is your phone wireless charging capable? Mine is not, wasn't s feature I cared about.
Next thought is probably need to set it up on the phone. Here's another nugget specific to an iphone maybe android as well? If you use usb to connect navigation
Your iPhone won't charge wirelessly when connected to USB. If your iPhone is connected to your computer with USB, or if it's connected to a USB power adapter, your iPhone will charge using the USB connection

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I can’t seem to figure out how to utilize the touted wireless pad to charge my phone. In all the literature it shows someone just placing a phone either in the spot directly below the SYNC 3 display screen or in the area below with the plug in charger port. Am I wrong that wireless charging was supposed to take place or do I need to set it up?
Wireless charging is ONLY in the space angled to the left beneath the climate controls -- right next to the 2 USB ports in the "media bin" there. It has to fit and lay flat; some cases might interfere, either with fit or being too thick, or -- metallic won't work either. Your Outer Banks DOES NOT HAVE Wireless charging UNLESS you also have the Outer Banks add-on option package.

Grove_LA

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Does the big bend package have wireless charging option? Local dealership has a cactus gray big bend that says it has the big bend package minus the power moonroof and states it has wireless charging. Hoping to go check it out possibly tomorrow

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a Big Bend with the Big Bend package and it has the wireless charging pad.

Can you look at the window sticker online?
Sponsored