Parts needed until 100k

freqnc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm taking my 20k mile 2022 BL to live with me in Europe.
While I'm still here, should I get any parts to take with me that will wear out/need replacing in the next few years?
Availability and shipping are way better here, especially because this model is not intended for EU.
I'll be going to official dealership for maintenance but not sure how they will like me bringing my own parts...
Sponsored

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
A rim for your spare tire that matches the other 4.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was going to say the same in that a full size matching spare would be needed along with extra simple things like windshield wipers. And I will wait until @Mark S. responds as he is more well traveled and smarter than me but I’d be considered about things like local places having the correct filters and such. So, simply, my thinking is look at the owners manual as to what needs replaced up to 30K and make sure to include anything that is not easily universal.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
You could read up on this forum on the not so common failures that have been posted.

The water pump comes to mind for some owners. Seems the early BS's had failures, and the later released water pump corrects that.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to say the same in that a full size matching spare would be needed along with extra simple things like windshield wipers. And I will wait until @Mark S. responds as he is more well traveled and smarter than me but I’d be considered about things like local places having the correct filters and such. So, simply, my thinking is look at the owners manual as to what needs replaced up to 30K and make sure to include anything that is not easily universal.
Mark is smarter than Tigger?o_O

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
"Smart" is a relative term. I know things about cars, engines, and mechanical stuff. Tigger knows things about...uh...stuff. :crackup:

To answer OP's question: Ford's 2.0L engine is built in Valencia, Spain, and in Europe it's used in the Kuga (the Escape in the USA), so I would think local parts availability shouldn't be an issue. Anything you can't get locally should be easily obtainable given the availability of global shipping. Might you save money and time by taking some items with you? You might, if those parts aren't available locally, but I think you should confirm what is and isn't available before making any decisions.

Overseas phone calls for my cell provider don't cost anything, so you might consider calling a Ford dealership in the country where you're moving with this question.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
You could read up on this forum on the not so common failures that have been posted.

The water pump comes to mind for some owners. Seems the early BS's had failures, and the later released water pump corrects that.
Bucko, Don't be to sure the later upgraded -B water pumps supposedly fixed the leaking issue. On my 2023 BS-BB I had to replaced my water pump on 12/11/23 @ 26385 miles. Both the old leaking water pump and the new replacement water pump had the -B suffix. Details and pictures on post
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/updated-water-pump-available.8408/page-2#post-176514

Michael

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bucko, Don't be to sure the later upgraded -B water pumps supposedly fixed the leaking issue. On my 2023 BS-BB I had to replaced my water pump on 12/11/23 @ 26385 miles. Both the old leaking water pump and the new replacement water pump had the -B suffix. Details and pictures on post
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/updated-water-pump-available.8408/page-2#post-176514

Michael
Thanks for that link reminder. Maybe the OP should get two to take!

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands

Michael
The OP has a Badlands, 2.0 liter.
The water pumps are rarely a problem on the 2.0 liter.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Smart" is a relative term. I know things about cars, engines, and mechanical stuff. Tigger knows things about...uh...stuff. :crackup:

To answer OP's question: Ford's 2.0L engine is built in Valencia, Spain, and in Europe it's used in the Kuga (the Escape in the USA), so I would think local parts availability shouldn't be an issue. Anything you can't get locally should be easily obtainable given the availability of global shipping. Might you save money and time by taking some items with you? You might, if those parts aren't available locally, but I think you should confirm what is and isn't available before making any decisions.

Overseas phone calls for my cell provider don't cost anything, so you might consider calling a Ford dealership in the country where you're moving with this question.
So, a proctologist is a smart ass?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
I'm taking my 20k mile 2022 BL to live with me in Europe.
While I'm still here, should I get any parts to take with me that will wear out/need replacing in the next few years?
Availability and shipping are way better here, especially because this model is not intended for EU.
I'll be going to official dealership for maintenance but not sure how they will like me bringing my own parts...
Whew, I love my Bronco but I would be tempted to sell it and buy a comparable European used car there that can be more easily serviced anywhere I may decide to travel around to while there. But if you can invest in and store parts you may or may not need . . . A windshield? Headlight(s)? A third key? A battery?
Sponsored