Part of headlight staying on

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I turned this feature off, at least for now. The key fob must be within a certain distance for it to work, but my concern is this. If I‘m sitting at a stop light, can anyone walk up and unlock and open the door? The key fob is within the cabin or the vehicle would not be running. I don’t want to be surprised by someone trying to jack my vehicle or anything else. I plan to check this out when I’m around friends, but have not had the opportunity as yet. Any thoughts?
I had this exact same thought. From my understanding if the key fob is in the car, you can't open it. Needs some testing on this lol.

I seriously doubt though that if the system is active in any mode outside of park it would function to open the doors. So sitting a stop light with the power on, I doubt it would. But I wouldn't quote me on it.
Sponsored

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I turned this feature off, at least for now. The key fob must be within a certain distance for it to work, but my concern is this. If I‘m sitting at a stop light, can anyone walk up and unlock and open the door? The key fob is within the cabin or the vehicle would not be running. I don’t want to be surprised by someone trying to jack my vehicle or anything else. I plan to check this out when I’m around friends, but have not had the opportunity as yet. Any thoughts?
Actually never thought about that scenario......have to try now to confirm

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
60 year old females think of this, especially when driving alone. 😁

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Has anyone had a fix for this yet? I just started having this issue tonight and don’t know what to do about it

Correy

First Edition
First Name
Correy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I know this is an old thread but I recently bought a First Edition. I noticed the DRLs stay lit long after the lights went out (set to 120 seconds).

After seeing this post it set the delay to 20 seconds and everything turned off as it should. It seems my issue is on the longer delay. I have 6 weeks remaining on the basic warranty so I'm debating if I should bother having it looked at.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I know this is an old thread but I recently bought a First Edition. I noticed the DRLs stay lit long after the lights went out (set to 120 seconds).

After seeing this post it set the delay to 20 seconds and everything turned off as it should. It seems my issue is on the longer delay. I have 6 weeks remaining on the basic warranty so I'm debating if I should bother having it looked at.
Are you stating that setting the delay to 20 seconds the lights turn off at 20 seconds but setting the delay to 120 seconds the lights will not turn off even after much longer than 120 seconds?

if it’s that easy to replicate you can show the dealership but if intermittent it might be difficult for the dealership to diagnose the issue.

Correy

First Edition
First Name
Correy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Are you stating that setting the delay to 20 seconds the lights turn off at 20 seconds but setting the delay to 120 seconds the lights will not turn off even after much longer than 120 seconds?

if it’s that easy to replicate you can show the dealership but if intermittent it might be difficult for the dealership to diagnose the issue.
The lights go out at 120 seconds but the DRLs stay on. At 20 second delay, everything goes off as it should

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The lights go out at 120 seconds but the DRLs stay on. At 20 second delay, everything goes off as it should
Be sure that all doors including rear hatch are fully closed (others reported a door left open and DRLs stay on).

and are the DRLs staying on more than 10 minutes? (when you have the headlamp 120 second timeout selected)

and if it is repeatable you can have the dealership diagnose.

btw here is another post ..

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/daytime-running-lights-sometimes-stay-on-after-shutdown.4418/

Last edited: