Paintable fender flare question

kman779

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Greetings all,

I have an Alto Blue OB and I am looking to buy the OEM paintable fender flares. I figured I would save some money and paint them myself using color matched rattle cans. The actual name of the paint is Alto Blue Metallic Tinted Clearcoat. The name indicates the clear coat is tinted. I would plan on doing a standard primer, Alto Blue rattle can, then standard clear coat. Obviously I want it to match the body color perfectly. Has anyone else painted the aftermarket fender flares and does anyone know anything about the Alto Blue color and whether I would need a special clear coat?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any pictures of their BS with any of the OEM fender flare options?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It's not mine, but here are some pics I took while we were shopping Broncos of the factory flare option. Honestly, I like the look but I was unimpressed with how the ends match the body

@kman779 Somewhere, someone did an in depth analysis of the Cactus Grey color and did a lot of test painting to match that. It had sources and stuff listed, that may help in your quest for A51. But you could also do them just to match the black cladding like in these pics and I think it would look good.

Ford Bronco Sport Paintable fender flare question DSC04850.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Paintable fender flare question DSC04855.JPG