VittoriaC

Badlands
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S; 2022 BS BL
Has anyone done any paint protection coating on your BS? Thinking about going with the XPEL paint protection.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m thinking of getting the roof done. It’s hard to wash 😂

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I went with the New Stuff out there, Ceramic Coated the Entire outside, so far I Luv it.
Ceramic coatings aren’t exactly new, I guess depending on your definition of “new”.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I have PPF on the front end and hood. Probably going to add it to the A/B/C pillars and the area between the windshield and sunroof after the spring detail to keep them swirl-free.

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
Have PPF (self healing) all around including on those easily scratched black pillars

Deleted member 6309

Has anyone done any paint protection coating on your BS? Thinking about going with the XPEL paint protection.
I went with the ceramic clear coat from Zeibarts. Absolutely love it and worth every penny!! ❤

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
I had Shadow Black paint on my 2017 Ford Fusion and now my Bronco Sport. Nothing worse the “white” chips coming through the paint.

i am skeptical that wiping on a clear liquid (ceramic coating) can stop a rock at 70 mph.

Here is my quote for wrapping see though film on front facing (exposed) surfaces.

We are XPEL, SunTek, and 3M certified installers with over 20 years of experience in the industry.

The partial nose kit (18 inch hood, fenders, mirrors, and small painted bumper area) runs $550 parts and labor.

The full front clip (full hood, full fenders, mirrors, and small painted bumper area) runs $1,250 parts and labor.

We can also cover other areas that are very prone to damage from chips, and design custom packages to meet your specific needs.

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I went with the ceramic clear coat from Zeibarts. Absolutely love it and worth every penny!! ❤
Can I please ask what the cost was?

OP
OP
VittoriaC

VittoriaC

Badlands
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S; 2022 BS BL
I have PPF on the front end and hood. Probably going to add it to the A/B/C pillars and the area between the windshield and sunroof after the spring detail to keep them swirl-free.
I had Shadow Black paint on my 2017 Ford Fusion and now my Bronco Sport. Nothing worse the “white” chips coming through the paint.

i am skeptical that wiping on a clear liquid (ceramic coating) can stop a rock at 70 mph.

Here is my quote for wrapping see though film on front facing (exposed) surfaces.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mud..lots of mud

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Two different types/levels of paint protection here. A ceramic coating will not protect against rocks. It does protect against most other environmental stuff and makes the vehicle look better.

Paint protection film (PPF) protects the paint and plastics but in my opinion looks worse. Not terrible just not as good as paint and yes I have had several cars with PPF. Even when new the PPF will never look as good as fully detailed paint. The PPF will also get damaged over time and there’s no way to make it look better.
There’s pros and cons to both.

Deleted member 6309

Can I please ask what the cost was?
I did the rust protection as well and it was about $2000. That cost includes a yearly inspection, redoing anything as necessary, detailing and stuff like that every year. But like I said, worth every penny knowing my baby is fully protected for as long as I have her!!

Deleted member 6309

Two different types/levels of paint protection here. A ceramic coating will not protect against rocks. It does protect against most other environmental stuff and makes the vehicle look better.

Paint protection film (PPF) protects the paint and plastics but in my opinion looks worse. Not terrible just not as good as paint and yes I have had several cars with PPF. Even when new the PPF will never look as good as fully detailed paint. The PPF will also get damaged over time and there’s no way to make it look better.
There’s pros and cons to both.
Completely correct!
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl