Jeff31548

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco sport
On my new 22 BS big bend the paint in the engine bay, inside front fenders, frame rail in engine bay and inside hood.It looks like most of it was over spray and not actually covered with the velocity blue or just primed. I contacted the dealership but they were not sure if all bronco sports are being done like this as they had nothing on the lot to compare it to. Does anyone else have the same issue or is this normal? The dealership said it’s under warranty and sent me to a local body shop to have them look at it but they don’t want to touch it because they would have to remove the engine to do so.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint missing in engine bay 22 BS C2019AF1-AA96-4F70-AA7B-40217747F2B5

Ford Bronco Sport Paint missing in engine bay 22 BS 7382E147-C83F-4108-BEDF-5FD43AED8A97

Ford Bronco Sport Paint missing in engine bay 22 BS FACCCECC-63F0-458B-96E7-378B2FA5DFA5

Ford Bronco Sport Paint missing in engine bay 22 BS AADCB84B-52B6-4017-BAFF-36C71551A0BF
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I would say normal. And you don't want dealer monkeying around under the hood if it aint broke.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I think this is pretty normal these days. If you are worried about rust, the gray that you see is really what is protecting the steel from rusting. My 2012 VW is similar and I remember people getting riled up about it back then. I seem to remember another thread here about it, maybe back in March.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
My base is white everywhere underneath. Hmmmm. Gloss white like my oitside

Reactions: ZQ8

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Why would they paint inside the engine bay?

OP
OP
Jeff31548

Jeff31548

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco sport
Mostly for aesthetics and extra protection. Every ford I own and family owned have been painted without issue. I’m not sure if ford is cutting corners or it just got missed.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
Mostly for aesthetics and extra protection. Every ford I own and family owned have been painted without issue. I’m not sure if ford is cutting corners or it just got missed.
My 2015 Fiesta definitely didn't have the entire interior of the engine bay painted.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
The body is dipped in a material like powder coat called e-coat then baked dry, then paint, primer and clear are applied and baked again. The engine bay only gets a quick coat of paint and the interior just gets an overspray from painting the door jambs and around the lift gate. I work in the paint shop at the Grand Cherokee plant in Detroit, I see this every day.

OP
OP
Jeff31548

Jeff31548

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco sport
My 2015 Fiesta definitely didn't have the entire interior of the engine bay painted
My 2015 Fiesta definitely didn't have the entire interior of the engine bay painted.
I’m sorry to hear that, not sure why yours didn’t have any. my 18 mustang, and 13 f150, 13 Ford Taurus limited and 21 F150 are painted and every ford We have owned till now have been. Is yours painted in the engine bay? That’s more of why I posted it to get a consensus from everyone that has a bronco sport since where I live none of the dealerships have any.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
I’m sorry to hear that, not sure why yours didn’t have any. my 18 mustang, and 13 f150, 13 Ford Taurus limited and 21 F150 are painted and every ford We have owned till now have been. Is yours painted in the engine bay? That’s more of why I posted it to get a consensus from everyone that has a bronco sport since where I live none of the dealerships have any.
Mine looks like yours - the outside Area 51 is solid, some runover inside the engine bay, but not a solid coat in there.

OP
OP
Jeff31548

Jeff31548

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco sport
The body is dipped in a material like powder coat called e-coat then baked dry, then paint, primer and clear are applied and baked again. The engine bay only gets a quick coat of paint and the interior just gets an overspray from painting the door jambs and around the lift gate. I work in the paint shop at the Grand Cherokee plant in Detroit, I see this every day.
Thank you for the reply and information it was greatly appreciated.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Manufacturers will apply paint to areas that require corrosion protection. Areas that are not visible (engine bay, trunk, underside, etc.) generally do not get a clear coat over the base (color) coat.

OP
OP
Jeff31548

Jeff31548

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco sport
Mine looks like yours - the outside Area 51 is solid, some runover inside the engine bay, but not a solid coat in there.
Thank you for the info, It was greatly appreciated

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Yup. It remains one of the few complaints I have had about the Bronco Sport. It's cosmetic and it's not like I'm expecting a solid clear coat in there, but for $795 I would have liked the whole frame to be painted to match before they assembled it. Because, yeah, now the only real fix would be to take it apart and make it right. Random overspray makes it... unique, right?
Ford Bronco Sport Paint missing in engine bay 22 BS DSC04875.JPG
Sponsored