LizziesBroncoSport

Outer Banks
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Was making a loud whistle when accelerating only. Dealer found a bearing going. They will be replacing the entire Turbo Assemby....anyone else? Has 7k miles
Sponsored

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Was making a loud whistle when accelerating only. Dealer found a bearing going. They will be replacing the entire Turbo Assemby....anyone else? Has 7k miles
Let us know if they found what caused the turbo bearing to fail.

That is my concern being in cold MN, starting up in the morning, driving I try to keep the rpms below 3k until the engine warms up. Then let it idle for about 30 seconds before shutting off.

OP
OP
LizziesBroncoSport

LizziesBroncoSport

Outer Banks
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Let us know if they found what caused the turbo bearing to fail.

That is my concern being in cold MN, starting up in the morning, driving I try to keep the rpms below 3k until the engine warms up. Then let it idle for about 30 seconds before shutting off.
I am in cold MN, but in an isolated garage. Nonetheless, that shouldn't have any effect on the Turbo. I will keep everyone posted. Right now they cannot locate the part...

Bardoon

Outer Banks
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2022
I have a low hiss that is louder when accelerating. Service found nothing. I think it’s the parking cable but interesting to hear the turbo issue.

waiting on my Ford dealer to report back from the “hotline” to the Ford corporate mothership.
Sponsored