Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
So...everyone else was on 35's or bigger and even a newer toyota on 31's turned around. I got skid plates on everything so I told the wife to "let it eat" but she's a bit more cautious than me. LOL!!!

Enjoy the water fording as well!
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Wow! That was a bit crazy but admire the skill of the driver, and the Sport, to get through a lot of that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! That was a bit crazy but admire the skill of the driver, and the Sport, to get through a lot of that.
The wife is getting really talented, but she's a little more timid when it comes to newer vehicles, LOL!! In her 02 Explorer (she calls Dora...the explorer)on 33's she's a little more aggressive.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
That looks really fun!

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
That does look fun and the car doesn’t get enough respect. Yes you do have to pick your lines more carefully as you apparently know judging from the lines you took, but the thing will go and its awd system consistently impresses.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So...everyone else was on 35's or bigger and even a newer toyota on 31's turned around. I got skid plates on everything so I told the wife to "let it eat" but she's a bit more cautious than me. LOL!!!

Awesome video! Thank you for sharing this.

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome video! Thank you for sharing this.
Are you actually at Ford and would like some constructive criticism?
1) Replace the inner fenders with plastic or something else that sheds mud/snow(this is a MUST fix!),
2) Remove the same "felt" underbody covers with actual full skid plates. The charcoal cannister has a good skid plate as well as the gas tank, but in between is the valve and hoses/wires which are exposed as soon as you rip off the felt cover..which happens as soon as you touch it on something,
3) Put the front inner fenders INSIDE the bumper so there is only a bolt head exposed instead of what is currently there. Right now, (I know it's easier on the assembly line) but the front inner fenders are pushed up into place and the tab is left hanging UNDER the bumper. Then a fastener is pushed through the felt and attached to the bumper. This leaves a felt tab hanging underneath the bumper and the first time you touch snow/mud/rocks, it peels the felt off over the head of the fastener and you have a loose inner fender. (I can do a video if it's not clear)
4) Fender dimensions.....Perhaps ford thought people would use the bronco sport as an escape..don't know but you severely missed an opportunity. Ford needs to rearrange some metal and open the fenders up so larger tires can be installed. 29" tire on an off road capable vehicle??? SERIOUSLY??? Can't even jack it up and put bigger tires on. How big would I like to see? So it can fit a 33" would be great but even a 31 or 32 would suffice. As it is now, I have 10" of clearance, BUT, that is due to tire limitations. 1st and 2nd Gear is sufficiently low to run bigger diameter tires and the brakes are big enough to support larger diameter tires as well.

5) It doesn't appear to be an issue, but was mentioned before, move the computer (body control module) from low inside the front left fender to a more appropriate spot, higher, etc.

6) Either raise the air intake or have some sort of snorkle that can be installed to get fresh air for the engine higher than it is currently. All diff and transaxle vents raised as well.

My overall impression after this weekend is that it is much more capable than anyone seems to realise, but, having 10" clearance is only part of it. 10" under the lowest part is fine (same as a 02 explorer on 33's has 10" of clearance) but only having 10" of clearance under the whole vehicle severely reduces the breakover angle and causes numerous bangs and crashes from the skid plates. My cousins 68 bronco (blue one in video) is on 35's and has 10.5" under the rear diff, but 24" under the t/case. This makes it much easier to crest hills and tip toe through rock piles. He moves his lowest point (diff) around to miss rocks and carries on where the BS has to tip toe around rocks, being cognizant that there is no higher point to get over the rock anywhere under the vehicle. Perhaps a 2dr version of the BS?

2dr BS with bigger fenders so 33's can be installed.....that would increase the breakover angle without raising the vehicle. (still sell it with 29's if you want, just have the capability available for those willing to step up)

Other than that, this is an incredible vehicle!! No one could believe it was that deep in the water and none came in, NONE! Excellent door seals (really freaked out the jeep guys who vehicles leak like a sieve from the factory! lol!!)

Should also mention, still get 32-35mpg (canadian) and it zips around town like a fiesta! Wife LOVES it as a main vehicle!

Rethinking my purchase of a full size bronco now.

The_Jimmer

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Excellent video! Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
Goinbroke2

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent video! Thanks for posting.
Glad you liked it, we were out "pre running" a trail with my f-150 after Church today, probably be the next video...Have to go back with the camera's, lol. Should be interesting as I turned my truck around in the middle of the trail because of water and mud, but I know the BS (she calls "baby") will go through it.
Sponsored