OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
After a couple of weeks sitting "in production" I finally got the email I've been waiting for! Our '23 Bronco Sport Outer Banks is finally built and the ETA to the dealership is between January 17-23. I can't tell you how excited I am! My family and I have always wanted one of these since they came out, particularly my mom. However, this won't be my vehicle since I already have my Maverick. This will be my mom's car and my dad and I plan on surprising her with it. This car will replace our Subaru Crosstrek Sport which has been a good car but is missing quite a few features that we've been craving. Those include:

- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear-Cross Traffic Alert
- Parking Sensors
- Power Front Seats
- Leather
- Rear A/C Vents
- Fold-Down Armrest
- Bigger Touchscreen (8 inches)
- Remote Start
- LED Headlights (My mom could care less about this one but it's something I've always wanted)

That pretty much covers it. There's plenty more features to keep us all happy and it'll be well worth the wait. This is why we ordered the Outer Banks since it's considered the most luxurious trim. By the time it gets here it'll only be five months since we've ordered so that's not bad at all in these crazy times. Once it's here, I'll do a full photo-op and review. Until then, I can rest easier at night knowing that it's finally built!

Ford Bronco Sport Our BS Outer Banks is Finally Built! 2022-12-21
Sponsored

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
After a couple of weeks sitting "in production" I finally got the email I've been waiting for! Our '23 Bronco Sport Outer Banks is finally built and the ETA to the dealership is between January 17-23. I can't tell you how excited I am! My family and I have always wanted one of these since they came out, particularly my mom. However, this won't be my vehicle since I already have my Maverick. This will be my mom's car and my dad and I plan on surprising her with it. This car will replace our Subaru Crosstrek Sport which has been a good car but is missing quite a few features that we've been craving. Those include:

- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear-Cross Traffic Alert
- Parking Sensors
- Power Front Seats
- Leather
- Rear A/C Vents
- Fold-Down Armrest
- Bigger Touchscreen (8 inches)
- Remote Start
- LED Headlights (My mom could care less about this one but it's something I've always wanted)

That pretty much covers it. There's plenty more features to keep us all happy and it'll be well worth the wait. This is why we ordered the Outer Banks since it's considered the most luxurious trim. By the time it gets here it'll only be five months since we've ordered so that's not bad at all in these crazy times. Once it's here, I'll do a full photo-op and review. Until then, I can rest easier at night knowing that it's finally built!

Ford Bronco Sport Our BS Outer Banks is Finally Built! 2022-12-21

That's so neat! I'm right about on track with you, delivery between the 2nd and 8th. I am wondering, has the recall been fixed on ours, or will it be held for that before we pick up? What are you thinking!

OP
OP
OuterBanks25

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
That's so neat! I'm right about on track with you, delivery between the 2nd and 8th. I am wondering, has the recall been fixed on ours, or will it be held for that before we pick up? What are you thinking!
I was told from member Mrmike that the recall affects MY22s and MY23s are exempt from it. This was his quote from the post "Picking it up soon at the dealership"
"As I understand it the fuel injector recall does not affect 23's. That problem was corrected before the '23 line was started."

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I was told from member Mrmike that the recall affects MY22s and MY23s are exempt from it. This was his quote from the post "Picking it up soon at the dealership"
"As I understand it the fuel injector recall does not affect 23's. That problem was corrected before the '23 line was started."

I thought that, it only makes sense, I'm going to ignore negative friends comments.
Excited!!!

GatorH

Outer Banks
First Name
Halli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23MY BS OBX ordered 8/24
According to my dealer and my own research, our 23ā€™s are not subject to the fuel injector recall. However. My OBX was built 12/9 and still has not shipped. Original estimate to dealer was 12/24-12/30. Pretty sure that isnā€™t happening. No updates since then just keep checking every day to see if it actually shipped.

Exciting times. Weā€™re getting closer, but definitely donā€™t assume the estimated delivery dates are going to pan out.

OP
OP
OuterBanks25

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
According to my dealer and my own research, our 23ā€™s are not subject to the fuel injector recall. However. My OBX was built 12/9 and still has not shipped. Original estimate to dealer was 12/24-12/30. Pretty sure that isnā€™t happening. No updates since then just keep checking every day to see if it actually shipped.

Exciting times. Weā€™re getting closer, but definitely donā€™t assume the estimated delivery dates are going to pan out.
I'm staying optimistic. I've heard from other members with my similar build and order time who got theirs both built and shipped last week or the week before. So I'm hoping within the next couple of days I'll get that shipped email. And considering last year when my Maverick was in production, I got a shipped email two days after it was built. Production has improved since so I'm hoping for the best.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S

I was built last week too and still have not shipped. I wonder if it has anything to do with what part of the country the cars are getting shipped to?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I was built last week too and still have not shipped. I wonder if it has anything to do with what part of the country the cars are getting shipped to?

Ford sent me an E-mail on dec 11 stating my car was built. On the 12th I got an E-mail stating my car was shipped. They also gave me a time frame for delivery to dealer. (Approximately 1 month to central New York). Ford should have sent you folks a similar E-mail.

'23 OBX moonroof, tech, driver assist 360+

UPDATE: Picked up at dealer 11 January.

Last edited:

GatorH

Outer Banks
First Name
Halli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23MY BS OBX ordered 8/24
Ford sent me an E-mail on dec 11 stating my car was built. On the 12th I got an E-mail stating my car was shipped. They also gave me a time frame for delivery to dealer. (Approximately 1 month to central New York). Ford should have sent you folks a similar E-mail.

'23 OBX moonroof, tech, driver assist 360+
yeah. Got the ā€œbuiltā€ email. Still hasnā€™t shipped. I check the tracker and online customer service chat every couple days. For whatever reason some donā€™t ship right away. Probably just logistics.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Iā€™m excited for those of you on the thread. And I am not trying to be a downer but I do want to warn you that the shipping and getting to the dealership can take a long time. And it can get frustrating but keep your eyes on the prize!

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Iā€™m excited for those of you on the thread. And I am not trying to be a downer but I do want to warn you that the shipping and getting to the dealership can take a long time. And it can get frustrating but keep your eyes on the prize!
I keep saying getting built is half the battle.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
FWIW, for reference my 22OB was built 12/23/21, shipped 12/28/21, arrived NE FL late 01/28/22. Took home 1/31/22.
Sponsored